Sleeping bags

Will86

Muswell - 2014-05-16 6:43 PM

ips - 2014-05-16 4:06 PM

Imo sleeping bags are the most uncomfortable thing ever invented by mankind, its like being in a straight jacket. As for storage our duvet does not take much more space up than a bag.

Well my bag is 25cm x 19cm packed including the silk liner ( lovely against bare skin B-) ) Beat that with your duvet :-D

... perhaps you and ips should get together !!! :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had Enough - 2014-05-16 3:41 PM

Anyway folks, here are the alternatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2QdFrcTFU

}} snipped the crap out {{

Had Enough - 2014-05-16 3:41 PM

So a duvet is your first choice at home and you only use a sleeping bag as a top up and only when necessary. No matter how much you squirm on this it's clear what your method is. Duvet first as I said.

I have Duvets and i have a sleeping bag.

Nothing about "first choice" at all.........simply because i can afford both.

Mel B - 2014-05-16 7:14 PM

Muswell - 2014-05-16 6:43 PM

ips - 2014-05-16 4:06 PM

Imo sleeping bags are the most uncomfortable thing ever invented by mankind, its like being in a straight jacket. As for storage our duvet does not take much more space up than a bag.

Well my bag is 25cm x 19cm packed including the silk liner ( lovely against bare skin B-) ) Beat that with your duvet :-D

... perhaps you and ips should get together !!! :D

Ah yes, bondage with our EHU cables.

Guest Had Enough
Bulletguy - 2014-05-16 11:58 PM

Nothing about "first choice" at all.........simply because i can afford both.

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet! ;-) I wish I could, it must be nice being rich. (lol) (lol)

Guest JudgeMental
PCC - 2014-05-16 9:54 AM

I believe your original question was about sleeping bags which can be purchased with either a left or right hand zip?

You could look at the Snugpac range. Certainly with some of them you can specify the zip required.

Personally I think sleeping bags are ideal for a VW camper - easy to store during the day.

Peter

Me to!

We use sleeping bags, (because we have them from our boating days) My Duvets at home are all king size/or super king size, so much to big for van. I dont like sleeping in abag, but use mine as a duvet and it has warmth without the bulk of a duvet. OH likes being in his bag. We carry Winter ones 30 tog and summer ones, about 3 tog. Needed the winter ones in April, but now into summer ones, as we are in Spain

PJay

Try the wisdom of Solomon system. We have a double 4 season fully zipped sleeping bag and use it usualy unzipped as a base with it a low tog king size duvet on top.Usualy we have electric hookup but if we dont and it's realy cold we zip ourselves in and put the duvet on top body heat and close contact make for super warmth. The sleeping bag packs into it's own bag and is smaller than the duvet when packed so the best of both worlds. John

Archived