DFDS to Denmark? - do it before 29 sep 14

Hughmer

From DFDS website 13 May 2014

Please note that as of 29th September 2014, our Harwich-Esbjerg route will cease to operate. For more information, please read our press release.

http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/customer-service/delays/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=767719&utm_campaign=UK_20140513_HEschedulechange&gbi=a0b6423e-413a2117-66c1e018

The only reason I discovered this was because we're going on Sunday and got a sms saying please turn up an hour early ... for "operational reasons" .. Rang the office and further questioning revealed they want to run the ship slower. Sounds suspiciously like DFDS want to save fuel ... or maybe the engine is "up it" . Either way it looks like a financial difficulty / not enough trade.

Bad news anyway.

Shame, I used to use the route every summer as a kid on the family holidays. Loads of fun.

I had wanted to use it again when I started to going back to Denmark with the van. However it was rather pricey and it turned out to be cheaper driving down to the chunnel and back up. So not really a surprise they would be shutting it down.

Not so much as the cost by using the Channel route,it is the time it saves. We used the service regularly last time in en rout to Sweden.

We also used it about 20 yers ago and took about 8 crossings on all of them it had a lot of British military personnel and vehicles.

Guest JudgeMental
This was covered on a thread a few weeks ago..it is a real shame as it was an excellent service, we used it a few times to get to Sweden.will have to drive from hook of holland then, which we have also taken and far from ideal, will have to suffice I guess..a real shame

Archived