Gas

Antonio

Does this mean I will need 2 Calor and 2 Repsol? If so can you buy Repsol without having to register a Spanish address. When I lived in Spain we had to register at the local office. I still have friends out there so I could use their address, but what do others do? The place I will be going to is too far from a LPG pump, so a refillerble tank would not be the answer.

What do others do? :-(

Antonio - 2014-05-14 10:55 AM

Does this mean I will need 2 Calor and 2 Repsol? If so can you buy Repsol without having to register a Spanish address. When I lived in Spain we had to register at the local office. I still have friends out there so I could use their address, but what do others do? The place I will be going to is too far from a LPG pump, so a refillerble tank would not be the answer.

What do others do? :-(

Our solution was to fit one 11kg gaslow and buy (cost E10) a Repsol bottle at a car boot/flea market. You could take your calor with you and once you have either or a Repsol/Cepsa bottle(s) dump the calor bottle(s). Simples.

In this 2012 thread 'BGD' (no longer an active forum member)

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Camping-Gas/28309/?posts=9

provides details of the LPG-bottle situation in Spain.

It's likely that a good few motorcaravanners travelling abroad refill UK Calor propane bottles with autogas using the type of adapter shown here

http://www.autogasshop.co.uk/safe-fill--american-rv-gas-bottle-filler-adapter-709-p.asp

Hi Antonio,

You may be interested to know that full 13kg Repsol bottles can be bought in Repsol garages in south West France from the Biarritz / Bayonne area down through Perpignan to the border. In France you can buy them without having a contract which you would need in Spain unless you have one to exchange.

Hope this helps

Regards

Archived