multiroute on snooper

tonyg3nwl

Hi folks, I have Snooper 6000 ventura as posted elswhere on here. I have been struggling to find how to set up multiroute and at last I seem to have an answer.

Firstly I created a list of favourites , by entering post codes , and saving them, then renaming them to something more sensible instead of just "road xyz etc". I still cant find how to add into favourites from coordinates..can anyone help.?

Having got a list of favourites, then call up Multiroute from main menu, and then set Start location.

Then ADD in multiroute, go to Favourites , select the one to add, and the Save it, then continue to ADD in sequence, saving after each addition. With luck , the result is a multiroute has been created,

The problem is , how can I set the entries to Favourites, starting with coordinates, Can anyone explain,, perhaps by Editing the favourites by changing the coordinate.. I just cant see how to do it.

post codes may get me close, but coordinates get the precise location.

snooper experts please explain.

tonyg3nwl

Sorry Tony can't help with your query but could you tell me how to rename your route as I haven't yet fathomed how to do it and, as you say, a list of road names gets somewhat confusing.  I have also experimented with multi-route in the same way you describe, and found it quite useful.

Thanks

In respone to renaming query, I simply saved the route with a name such as holiday route. It was the individual stops entered by coordinates that came up with meaningless names such as "road d20", and this was changed to a meaningful name such as "aire at place name". You save the coordinate entry into favourites, then edit it to change name. There is a limit to number of characters that can be used for place name, about 10 I think,

tonyg3nwl

Hello again, I have received a response from Snooper support (Steve), and he has confirmed that is not possible to create a multiorute directly by entering coordinates, but the work around method is to create a file of Favourites firstly, by entering the coordinates. It is then necessary to save the resultant Favourite, then edit it to give a placename which is meaningful to you, rather than jusT "ROAD NEAR XYZ" or whatever,.

you can add a large number of favourites, but there is a limit, unknown how many..I have created something like 30 and still going.

As I will be travelling from Le Havre to the south coast, I have looked at the aires and France passion books and chosen those sites within about 20 miles either side of a direct straight line route, but avoiding fee paying motorways and inserted potential polnts approx 100 miles apart.i have also chosen some campsite along the route, and refuelling stops when creating my list.

Snooper is therefore ready to assist my navigator and we should find our way.

Snooper told me that their file format for data uses .UPI files, but said that I could not load the device myself as I dont have the relevant software.

I still prefer my old garmin and mio devices as they are much easier to do the multiroute type of options.

Archived