Parking fees at st.annes aire!

trickydicky

I have just been reading the parking tariffs for motorhomes at st.annes. It says £5 overnight 6 pm - 10am. But it also says £8 per day 24 hrs.( valid until 10 am) and then there is mention of paying for two bays during the day. I'm totally confused! how much does it actually cost to park a m/h for 24 hours.does anyone know? We are going there and I don't want to end up with a ticket for not paying the correct amount.

Agreed Antony,

The number of legitimate comments on here bemoaning Councils failing to provide Van parking never mind those about providing overnight parking is staggering.

St Annes provides both and still someone whinges 8-)

I fully support CL use but if folk want to kip in a car park, albeit in a well to do spot like St Annes, good luck to them.

Martyn

trickydicky - 2014-05-24 10:49 PM

I have just been reading the parking tariffs for motorhomes at st.annes. It says £5 overnight 6 pm - 10am. But it also says £8 per day 24 hrs.( valid until 10 am) and then there is mention of paying for two bays during the day. I'm totally confused! how much does it actually cost to park a m/h for 24 hours.does anyone know? We are going there and I don't want to end up with a ticket for not paying the correct amount.

It helps to know the history. Fylde Borough have given way, eventually, to pressure to accommodate motorhomes overnight and have done so by permitting overnight parking on one particular car park only, where they have now painted seven large parking bays, big enough for a fairly large motorhome. Overnight parking is permitted in these bays for a flat fee of £5.

But you also have to pay separately for parking during the day time, which is permitted on any car park and in ordinary parking bays as well as the big ones, providing you pay for each bay you encroach upon. So if you are in a motorhome-sized bay you pay for just one ticket, if you overlap four ordinary car bays you have to pay for four tickets. There is nothing to stop cars using (and therefore blocking) the motorhome bays. Free parking is provided for coaches in large marked bays on some car parks, including overnight, but motorhomes are not allowed to use those spaces. It is not entirely clear whether you would be expected to pay for multiple overnight tickets if all the motorhome spaces were unavailable and you straddled smaller spaces.

The spaces marked for motorhomes are not a CL or a campsite, they are just places where overnight parking is permitted. There are no facilities such as a tap or somewhere to dump tanks. The motorhome spaces are on one side of the car park, side on to the sea and behind a sea wall obstructing the view.

Thanks Stuart o for your reply. The reason we want to stay in st.annes is because it is convenient for us as we have no transport and cannot use buses. We don't use CL's purely because we don't belong to any clubs and have no plans to join.

Well at least the seven spaces they have provided are big enough and the car park is near a restaurant and only half a mile or so fom th Pier and the Town Square. Not a bad place to park and although there have been some reports of noisy people in the venings, probably a reasonable overnight stop too. Good luck!

Fylde Council staff are helpful so give them a ring to put your mind at rest. They are trying to meet the needs of residents and motorhomers.

There was an incident recently where a motorhome parked up in St Annes reportedly had some damage [possible vandals] but it was unclear whether the damage was in the car park or on the sea front. The seafront does get some youngsters cruising until late at night and these cruisers do attract others. The motorhomer did report having a decent enough sleep in the designated overnight bays - there were 3 vans in that night.

The car park designated by the Council was pretty dark and unattractive in my eyes when I was there just before Christmas [my brother lives just off the sea front].

Brock - 2014-05-26 11:15 AM

There was an incident recently where a motorhome parked up in St Annes reportedly had some damage [possible vandals] but it was unclear whether the damage was in the car park or on the sea front. The seafront does get some youngsters cruising until late at night and these cruisers do attract others. The motorhomer did report having a decent enough sleep in the designated overnight bays - there were 3 vans in that night.

I think that just about somes it up, and paying 8 quid for the pleasure, but then again some folk seem to have more money than sense. (^)

Archived