fiat throttle actuator problems

tringy

Hi all, I have posted on this forum before asking for advise with error codes and have had very good advice before.once more I ask for help.it appears that most of my troubles be fore stem from water in gress witch I have dealt with, but I have got one error code to deal with that is po 638 this says, throttle actuator range performance bank 1.is this telling me that the throttle pedal assembly by wire is duff? This is on a o7 2.3 ducato.the symtoms are that when you start up the pedal will only let the engine ldel but if I turn off and start up again its fine , only at 28oo rpm it feels like it serges. Any help please as I am going to germany next week and dont want to get stuck, thanks . Tringy.

Hello,

It would seem that you either have a fault with the tracks on the accelerator pedal or (from past experience of a similar fault) you have some corrosion on the connectors under your fuse box in the engine bay.

You should remove the screws that secure the fuse box and lift it up in order to release the cable connectors. If you find dirt or corrosion; give it a good clean and use an electrical contact cleaner followed by some sort of contact oil for continuing protection.

The connector to the accelerator pedal may also be mucky but is less likely than the actual pedal assembly. If you are close to Leicester I would swap it for another that we know works before committing to a new one but that is probably the right course of action after checking the other electrical bits as stated.

Nick

Hi nick, thanks for the advice .I will do all you suggest and have ordered a new actuator pedal assembly as well as I was surprised it was only 64 pounds plus vat from a main dealer.l will do the job and hopefully all will be ok.many thanks again.i o u one. Kind regards dave.

Archived