Oven Door problems

tezza

Does any one have one of these new Stoves cookers in their van, every time I go over a bump in the road and my oven door opens, ( I try to avoid the bumps if possible but British roads don't lend themselves to smooth running) I have tried lowering the tyre presures to absorb the bumps but still it opens, the cooker is only 1 week old, so I can't use the "It's old excuse" any ideas, just been to Bath and West opened quite a few doors and and they all seem the same. Tezza

My father has had this very problem with the Stoves cooker oven door in his 2006 Ace Genova. I think it has a 'new design' door on it now, after much letter writing. I believe the new one is better and the £400 compensation cheque really helped.

Garf, Had a horse called that ! Boy he was a good jumper won everything on him . No insult intended not comparing you to a horse sorry had a drink tonight lost the plot.... You are very lucky to get the money back. But i'm pleased to hear a good luck story rather than people having to argue & threaten dealership's Nice one Garf

Garf How did he get £400?, I wrote to Swift asking if this was a common problem and they sent me a plastic clip that fits over the top edge of the oven door and twist clips onto the bottom edge of the Grill door, hopefully keeping the oven door in place, I haven't tried it yet, fingers crossed.

My father is one of the great moaners and letter writers. He wrote repeatedly to Swift and Stoves. Stoves sent an engineer out to look, another out to fix and another out when the fix didn't work. It's been an ongoing saga for the past 5 months. I believe Stoves even replaced the whole door at one stage. Stoves have now fitted an, 'extra strong catch' replacement for the normal oven catch and all seems well.

Archived