Changing battery

Billggski

I've just changed my battery from the original 80ah to a 90ah one and adjusted the Schaudt DT220 controller on my 2009 Dethleffs A5881.

It used to read 64ah when fully charged, it now reads 72ah, both are 80% of the nominal capacity, is this right as both figures sometimes have a question Mark after them?

We'll I've just answered my own question, I was right. If you change batteriy capacity you have to tell the operating system what you have done, or it carries on charging to its previous limit.

On the Schaudt it then indicates 80% of that figure! I've no idea why.

But I still have a "?" After the figure.

The question-mark you mention is referred to a few times on other motorhome forums in threads relating to the Schaudt control-panel.

I can't find a free-to-download English-language DT-220 manual on-line (I assume you've got one), but a French-language version includes a reference to the question-mark. This seems to indicate that, after a battery change and adjustment of the control-panel settings, the question-mark should (as Peter suggests) disappear once the battery has next been fully charged. This is also said in the other motorhome-forum threads, but (apparently) it doesn't always happen.

peter - 2014-06-02 10:29 PM

Once you have driven the van it should read normally.

Peter that reminds me of a Doctor telling me I could play the piano after a minor operation. I got really worried because I couldn't play it before the op. But a van that reads that is something else

lol B-)

Archived