Thank you Moderators

arthur49

Guest JudgeMental
arthur49 - 2014-06-02 4:53 PM

Thank you to Andrew and Russ who appear to have or are in the process of cleaning up unsavoury and pointless content generated recently .... one particular thread has disappeared. Excellent :-D

Arthur

unfortunately Arthur all this does is start yet another round! from these egotistical ar*eholes

Confused, I've just looked on chatterbox to find a thread that keeps refering to my being on motorhome matters where it seems as anyone who no longer has a motorhome should not be, ( I was sure I was on chatterbox ) two protagonists were at it hammer and tongs (as usual) and having just returned from Devon I've missed out on a free lunch just over the border in Dorset. Think I'll go and have a nervous breakdown. I also think I know where the missing thread went. John 8-)

Guest peter
You as well John. If Clive is going to eat all these lunches he will have a serious weight problem. (lol)

euroserv - 2014-06-04 11:20 AM

It still took well over a week for them to respond and I can't tell you what date i sent a message to the moderators because that too has disappeared!

This is very poor indeed.

The thread I thought had been removed has simply been shoved into Chatterbox where the polluters continue to pollute ..... :-(

euroserv - 2014-06-04 11:20 AM

It still took well over a week for them to respond and I can't tell you what date i sent a message to the moderators because that too has disappeared!

This is very poor indeed.

I sent them 2 messages and have not had the courtesy of either an acknowledgement or a reply.

It's worse than poor it's pathetic.

It probably didn't get pulled because other than boring to death everyone with an old argument there was nothing wrong with the thread

As far as I am aware no swearing , no dirty talk , no word of the moment Bigotry involved , just an old argument between two old friends .....if you don't like reading it then simply don't read it

The mods surely have better things to do than jump in every time a schoolboy fight happens , arguments happen in the real world , you gladly pay your TV licence to watch arguing and bickering on Corrie and Eastenders and that's fiction

arthur49 - 2014-06-04 2:17 PM

The thread I thought had been removed has simply been shoved into Chatterbox where the polluters continue to pollute ..... :-(

I've always thought that, rather than just "silently" moving or pulling a thread, it would be far more effective if there was an *official comment posted, naming the persons involved and the reasons for the thread's imminent deletion/move..(*That's a b*ll*cking to you and me! ;-) )

At least then it may( MAY?) put an end to the ridiculous situation we have now, where the very people involved in these thread disruptions, continue posting as if it's deletion was none of their doing..!

"..about time it was deleted...disgraceful..some people eh!.." etc etc.... *-)

I completely agree and would suggest that if members of this forum persistently carry on their arguments to the detriment of newbies getting the welcome that they deserve and the constructive comments that they require they should be warned and then banned.

This kind of crap serves no purpose except to make this site a joke, and the kind of joke that I don't want to be associated with.

I also feel that if one or more of us has taken the trouble to flag something offensive to the Moderators that they should have the courtesy to acknowledge this.

N

euroserv - 2014-06-04 4:15 PM

This kind of crap serves no purpose except to make this site a joke, and the kind of joke that I don't want to be associated with.

I also feel that if one or more of us has taken the trouble to flag something offensive to the Moderators that they should have the courtesy to acknowledge this.

N

Without wishing to sound like an a**e l****r Nick I only hang around this forum for input from experts like you. I'm keen to learn more about my Ducato and preventing/fixing faults if/when they arise - though its still under warranty.

For the record I too contacted the Moderators, twice, on 27 and then 30 May, without a response.

Let me know if you move to another forum!!!

Arthur :-(

I completely agree and would suggest that if members of this forum persistently carry on their arguments to the detriment of newbies getting the welcome that they deserve and the constructive comments that they require they should be warned and then banned...

Unfortunately, Nick, although warning MAY do some good for a while, banning a 'persistent offender' does not prevent him resurrecting himself immediately under another user-name. (I can confidently say "himself" because the lady forum participants have better manners and more sense than to engage in verbal brawling.)

This forum has always been wide open to abuse. A technical solution exploiting a participant's computer's IP address might help to keep a banned person banned, but I don't see Warners spending money changing the system to include something like that. Making the forums pay-to-join should help to reduce abuse and making it pay-to-post would definitely discourage arguments and drivel, but I doubt if there'd be anyone participating then.

Short of continuous oversight I can't see things improving.

I completely agree and would suggest that if members of this forum persistently carry on their arguments to the detriment of newbies getting the welcome that they deserve and the constructive comments that they require they should be warned and then banned.

N

Whilst I share your frustration Nick I would suggest that it is this very small number of self-centred

individuals who have become a joke - and not the forum.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2014-06-04 6:43 PM

Perhaps I'm thick but if you know that a thread contains things you object to why not just ignore it once you've read it the first time, why run crying to the mods surely we are all adults here.

Unfortunately that's not good enough for the Mr Angry's of Motorhome Matters :D...............

Makes me giggle though (lol)............I wonder if I'll ever get mature enough to start complaining to moderators 8-)...................

Time to book a one way ticket to Dignitas when I do :-|.....................

Perhaps I'm thick but if you know that a thread contains things you object to why not just ignore it once you've read it the first time, why run crying to the mods surely we are all adults here.

Join the club , I'm thick too .

Leave the running to mods for when someone makes threats against another member or repeatedly calls someone names

pelmetman - 2014-06-04 7:39 PM

Perhaps I'm thick but if you know that a thread contains things you object to why not just ignore it once you've read it the first time, why run crying to the mods as surely most of us are adults here?

Unfortunately that's not good enough for the Mr Angrys of Motorhome Matters :D...............

Makes me giggle though (lol)............I wonder if I'll ever get insecure enough to start complaining to moderators 8-)...................

With apologies for the alterations!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-06-04 7:53 PM

pelmetman - 2014-06-04 7:39 PM

Perhaps I'm thick but if you know that a thread contains things you object to why not just ignore it once you've read it the first time, why run crying to the mods as surely most of us are adults here?

Unfortunately that's not good enough for the Mr Angrys of Motorhome Matters :D...............

Makes me giggle though (lol)............I wonder if I'll ever get insecure enough to start complaining to moderators 8-)...................

With apologies for the alterations!

There are some Rich who believe I should be secured in a place with out the wifi 8-)................

Or was that the wifey saying I should be locked up? :-S................

Guest Peter James

if you know that a thread contains things you object to why not just ignore it once you've read it the first time, why run crying to the mods surely we are all adults here.

Exactly.

I guess that 5 years ago they would have run crying to the mods if anyone had questioned Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG .

Censorship should be a last resort.

Not the first response to something you would rather brush under the carpet..

I think that one of the reasons this forum is so well read is that it allows a wide range of views :-D

Guest Peter James

N

I always read your posts and your expertise with Ducato vans makes you my favourite poster on here.

Sometimes I wish you would restrict your comments to subjects you know something about ;-)

Nevertheless, I would not want to censor you :-D

Peter James - 2014-06-05 8:40 AM

Sometimes I wish you would restrict your comments to subjects you know something about ;-)

N

Rich - some people just don't get it - do they?!

Retread24800 - 2014-06-07 2:52 PM

In my youth and even now after a few bevvies we used to sing about a bird that flew round in ever decreasing circles. Copefully our chattomaniacs will also suffer from a similar fate due to the law of diminishing returns.

The oozlum bird, as I recall. :-D

Archived