sorry this is in the wrong place!

petershire

Hi everyone we are new to the forum and have brought an old 1988 renault romance T1000 Hightop camper van for festivals this summer

We just cant find any information or suss out how to make up a double bed as everytime we look and try it seems like 2 singles

The passenger seat is a captains one and swivels and the drivers is fixed, there are 2 wooden seats behind the front seats that are fixed

We have the table but then it all comes up too short

Can anyone offer some pictures / schematics or just plain help as we really need a double bed

Thanks in advance

Pete

I too don't know how it is supposed to work but using cab seats to make a double bed is never going to be easy!

However assuming you have enough cushions working out what you need to support them should be straightforward enough although sourcing or fabricating them might be a tad more challenging.

Didn't you try it out for size before parting with the cash?

Didn't the owner/seller/dealer show you how it all works?

You could try scouring the for sale ads for some pictures - Auto trader might be a good place to start?

We always leave the bits we don't need at home so it is possible that the previous owner still has any that are missing and he is definitely worth contacting via the V5.

PS - It is in the right place as it is absolutely a 'motorhome matter'!

No it is the right place. Are you simply hoping to make a double? if so any number of boards may suffice.

Or were you advised previously that it was possible. It may therefore be a 'Not fit for purpose' situation.

Will

OK I see and understand now, its the 2 pieces of bridging wood that im missing, off to the woodyard today to get some bits cut

My romance is a 1,7 with the high roof, is this unusual as I see in the pics its a pop top?

Thanks for the help everyone so far

Pete

PS the previous owner didnt have a clue either as he thought the van was 2 singles

PPS testing out the camper this saturday with the wife and doggy, yayyyy :-)

PPPS If anyone wants a cycle rack for the van for free you can arrange to collect it as I wont need it? im in Northamptonshire

paulmold - 2014-06-12 7:50 AM

You can read here how it's done. Good idea to join the RTMR ....

http://www.rtmr.org/holdsworth.html

JudgeMental - 2014-06-13 12:19 PM

OMG..looks like a bed from hell :D

A good nights sleep?? I'd keep it as singles, even then don't look very comfortable.

I've done jig-saw that fit to-gether better than that

PJay

Guest JudgeMental
PJay - 2014-06-13 1:29 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-06-13 12:19 PM

OMG..looks like a bed from hell :D

A good nights sleep?? I'd keep it as singles, even then don't look very comfortable.

I've done jig-saw that fit to-gether better than that

PJay

Moi would rather sleep in a tent! :-D

Archived