Burstner Elegance i821 tag axle

Mrs Hilary Cox

We have the secondhand Burstner Elegance i821 on a 07 plate which is fast approaching the end of its one year warranty from the dealer.

Our problem is a sever knocking/ / clunking from the front near side axle. After two inspections the dealer have herd and felt the noise / knock but as yet have been unable to locate the problem. They. Are being very good about the fact it has been reported within their warranty but are at an en-pass.

They and I cannot see or find the problem So can anybody throw some light on this problem !!

The Cox family

Guest peter

If it does it when turning one way and is less on the other lock, it could be either the constant velocity joint bearing or the wheel bearing. Unless the dealer is also a mechanic he probably wouldn't have a clue.

Take it for an MOT and they will soon tell you, £40.00 for a diagnosis is cheap, and they might find a few other things that might also be under warranty.

First check that your wheel nuts are at the correct torque, as loose wheel nuts will also make a knocking noise.

I am presuming it's a Fiat, with front wheel drive.

If it's a Merc' then it won't have C/V joints, so that can be ruled out.

Modern vans don't have old style front axles. Only steering hubs and stub axles in the case of FWD.

Archived