Hymer Camp 46 waste water leak

sally1664232321

Hello, we are new to motorhoming and to forums to - so I hope this all goes ok!

We have a 1994 Fiat Hymer Camp 46 which is in generally great condition and seems to run ok but we noticed a water leak out of the back corner. It seems to drip when either of the sinks or the shower bed drains - there are no visible leaks anywhere in the main body of the van - we have tried to trace the pipes as best we can. It must be somewhere before entering the waste water tank - but there is no way to see into the area! Help! Any idea how we can access this or get hold of water pipe plans or...?!

The drip is in various places along the underside of the back edge - the wood seems slightly damp but not horrendously so, it doesn't smell or look mouldy. It's clearly running to the lowest point but the drips are both before and after the grey water tank so must be collecting somewhere above the tank? Does anyone know what is between the interior floor and the underside of the van and how we can access this - there is nothing obvious!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you, Sally & Andy

I would try to drop the tank to see what the problem is as it could be bit more than the leak.On our camper there was a leak from the exit point bu to do that the tank had to be taken out for refurbish, however when out it revealed the floor had got soaked and had to be replaced, lucky for me it was under warranty, hope yours is just a simp0le one to resolve.

sally - 2014-06-18 4:28 PM

Thanks! We might see if we can get the tank taken off and have a look from underneath. Is there much to see or just a hole?

I never had to take the tank off our Hymer back in 2000 but normally you could see a pipe which goes into the tank or as you said a hole with some pipe showing.Good luck.

Archived