sites near to towns, or park n ride.

brianhodge

Hi all, seriously thinking of changing my caravan for a motorhome, only thing giving me second thoughts is the thought of being without a car whilst on site. Because of health problem, I am unable to tow a small car because of being restricted to 3500kgs, is there any way one can aquire a list of sites suitable for someone like myself? any help would be much apprecieated, thanking you in anticipation, Brian Hodge.

Try googling the tourist information sites near to the places you plan to visit. I've found lots of helpful advice about lots of useful things - some sites are better than others. Then get them to send you their brochures which list accomodation across the board from posh hotels to camp sites. Although Park and Ride may not be mentioned a quick call to the tourist office will give you an idea of what is available in your choosen area. Also the library services are a good place to get local 'what to do' info and I was surpised at how much goes on when I visited our Council Offices recently! Fold-up bike maybe?

Two Camping and Caravaning Club sites we have visited recently ... Oxford - has park and ride a short walk opposite the site. Moreton - has a rail station opposite the site (but no buses). Both sites list these facilities in their 'Big Sites Book' entries. We 'rode' from both sites. Regards... LeoK

Hi Brian, There are two places at York. One is actually in York and the other is near the Park-and Ride. We stayed at one in Southbourne which has a bus stop right outsde the entrance and we used the Coast Liner bus to visit Chichester and Portsmouth. I've checked our Campsite directories and most of them say whether there's a bus stop or station nearby. :-) JnJ

Hello Brian......A few sites I can recomend.... Caravan Club sites...... Moreton in Marsh (you can walk to Moreton in Marsh) Broadway(you can walk to Broadway) Chatsworth Park ( you can walk to Baslow or to Chatsworth House itself) Hillhead In Devon bus stop outside of site Cirencester Park you can walk to Cirecester I thinks its worth joining either or both The Caravan Club or The Caming and Caravan Club, you will find plenty of info in the site books and you can always ring the site direct for futher information Happy vanning Nigel

Hi, Chester has a large car park the Roodee right on the bank of the river Dee, on the opposite side of the road from the race course, where you are welcome to park overnight in your motorhome for a small fee, and a two minute walk into the centre of Chester, there is also the Park and Ride on Sealand Road has a designated parking area for Motor Homes so again no trouble getting into Chester, while in that area you are 20 mins away from Cheshire Oaks if you want shopping, or 40 mins away from the North Wales coast Conway etc. Ed & Carol.

Archived