gas problem

tonyg3nwl

Gremlins have struck. We appeared to have run out of gas, however it is not true,, plenty left in all bottles, so traced fault to fixed regulator. Replaced hose to bottle , and then found the regulator wasnt passing any gas..age old problem of contamination blocking gasflow.

Fortunately, I brought a couple of old camping gas gottle regulators with me so have changed bottle and juryrigged the old regulator into the system, system and bingo, we have gas functioning again.

Close examination of original regulator shows oil film on input to regulator across the fine mesh filter.. Will have to decide permanent solution on return to uk, meanwhile use the camping gas bottle.

(Camping gas bottle was brought along for the BBQ)

What price replacement regulator, and is it warranty covered?

Tonyg3nwl

tonyg3nwl - 2014-06-15 8:39 PM

Gremlins have struck. We appeared to have run out of gas, however it is not true,, plenty left in all bottles, so traced fault to fixed regulator. Replaced hose to bottle , and then found the regulator wasnt passing any gas..age old problem of contamination blocking gasflow.

Fortunately, I brought a couple of old camping gas gottle regulators with me so have changed bottle and juryrigged the old regulator into the system, system and bingo, we have gas functioning again.

Close examination of original regulator shows oil film on input to regulator across the fine mesh filter.. Will have to decide permanent solution on return to uk, meanwhile use the camping gas bottle.

(Camping gas bottle was brought along for the BBQ)

What price replacement regulator, and is it warranty covered?

Tonyg3nwl

Go on the BES LTD website

Low Pressure Regulator for Leisure Vehicles

John.

Low pressure requlator designed to comply with BS EN 1949:2002 (EN 12864:2001 Annex D). For touring and motor caravans with appliances operating at 30 mbar. Integral pressure relief valve and test point, 1.5 kg/h, 30mbar operating pressure for propane, butane and LPG mix. Inlet M20 outlet 10mm compression, complete on mounting bracket. Hose P/N 16639, 16852, 16640, or 16853 (below) may be used to connect the regulator to the gas bottle. The M20 thread on the regulator accepts the W20 thread on the hoses. Alternatively 400mm hose P/N 16712 or 1500mm hose 17802 will attach the adaptors (below) to the regulator. Part No. Description Unit Price Qty

16543 Low Pressure Regulator £25.36

Archived