Motorcaravan models - do any of you own?

Lizzy

Here goes: - Benimar are owned by the French Trigano conglomerate and are built in Spain. They sold well for a while in the UK until the agent, RD Motorhomes, went bust (they were rescued and have re-appeared). But they seem to have a slightly variable reputation for build quality. - Hobby are still independent (the largest German builder of caravans). Their motorhomes are well built, but I find all but the overcab type rather claustrophobic and they tend to be rather long, some models with twin rear axles which increases the load carrying capacity at the expense of very large turning circles (9-point turns may turn some off!) - Auto-Sleeper, no comment - Ace is the down-market brand of Swift/Bessacar and they are built to a price. If you want an economy model, buy Italian - CI, Roller Team, Miller, Joint (actually built in Spain) or McLouis. They tend to better a better combination of build quality/price. Hope that helps - but you have chosen 4 very different makes!!!!

I think Eriba have the best looking range of A class (Renault based) and Low Profiles (Fiat or Renault) that I have seen, but the A class are not officially imported and only 1 or 2 of the Low Profiles (Lowndhams) - Presumably quality is assured as they are owned by Hymer.

I think I've got your camper's twin, we got ours new from Browhills in May 2003 - brilliant little 'vans ain't they?! It's amazing how much you can store under the bed ... folding bikes, 2 person (& dogs) inflatable canoe, BBQ ... etc. Does your fridge open stupidly by any chance???

Archived