Waste Water

forest

Waste Water  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have a Chausson Best of 22 and have just taken our first holiday in it. The only problem we found was that at most of the sites we stayed on had full service pitches and no motorhome waste points. Our Motorhome only has a pull gate to release waste water. Has anyone come up with a idea so when you are on all service pitch you can attached something to enable you to use the drain.

Hi and welcome..

We just use a bucket, only need to empty a bucket per day, a lot easier than carrying a large piece of plastic hose that will end up smelling, let alone the storage, and the bucket can be used in so many other ways like washing the van or storing objects...

Derek

I was on a full service pitch over Christmas in Espagne my waste extension hose that we carry sitting inside the back bumper/m/c rack was not long enough to enter the small waste pipe so I gaffer taped a length of water hose to the waste pipe from the van and threw it away when we left.

I'm not sure if you can do the same on your MH as I have but I've fitted a flexible plastic pipe to the waste water outlet - as in pictures.

Then clipped the other end to a hose clip fastened at the side of the MH near to the push/pull handle.

This gives plenty of 'wriggle room' when parking up to get rid of the water.

1274185626_HoseA.thumb.jpg.df8da02c04f8acbc6cf1abb668d200e3.jpg

2136843944_HoseB.jpg.a702f1ef966a2fc2b57bf4b68f44cabd.jpg

1737090587_HoseC.jpg.fb272855875c800b27d1715fce8a6700.jpg

I also have the problem as ours is a pullout slide plus a cap over the hole. I have been thinking along the lines like the photo's but would have to go through the side of the tank because the screw on cap does not allow room for a extension pipe fitting.

After emptying the toilet cassette, I drain down water from the waste tank into the empty cassette. Saves carrying extra containers/hoses. You may need to attach something to the waste tank outlet - mine is a plumbing waste bend 32mm and 50mm of straight pipe to direct the flow.

Fred

If the outlet on OP's Chausson is anything like the one we had on our Allegro 83,it was tucked right in the middle and as it exited downwards, it was already too low to be fixing any additional fixures'n'fittings to...

For on site,the best I could be bothered to come up with, was a cut down tuff tub..although for draining it back at home, I used an oil drain tub, fixed to a length of large dia hose (I could then just run this in to the flower border or into the drain we had).

Our solution to this was to get a 50mm (but do check the diameter of the outlet) end stop inspection piece from screwfix. there are other sizes available to suit other outlet diameters.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-ws32-solvent-weld-acess-plug-50mm-white/72586?_requestid=21576

Then cut off the smooth pipe portion leaving just the threaded end (where the end cap screws on ) and then either mastic or as we did use hot melt glue to attach the threaded portion to the outlet of your waste valve, this adds about 15mm of depth to the outlet.

Once this is done the threaded cap can be drilled to accommodate the hose fitting of your choice we use a standard male clip on hose adapter and then when you are on site screw the end cap onto the modified waste outlet and attach a short length of hose to the outlet and away you go.

This method does not restrict the outlet flow when the cap is not fitted but allows the water to be diverted elsewhere as required.

I will take a picture next time we are out if anyone needs it.

Dave

Archived