Auto Sleeper panel van conversion

fred22

Hi,

I have been looking at the Auto Sleeper Duetto (1996-1999) but it only appears to have been made on the MWB chassis.

The two single bed configuration suits us fine.

Didn't Auto Sleeper use any bigger chassis during this period?

Any other converters offering similar conversions to the Duetto?

Autosleeper also did the 'Symbol' on a Peugeot Chassis, and still does, Devon did the 'Provence' on a Renault chassis, now the 'Tempest', they also did/do The 'Monte Carlo' on a LWB Renault. Several Foreign companies did van conversions as well, One on a Mercedes the name of which eludes me at the moment, but the model was call a 'Regent' a very nice van. Good luck on your search. Ray

Just remembered (good old google !) co. is called La Strada. worth a look.

fred22 - 2014-06-23 11:52 AM

I have been looking at the Auto Sleeper Duetto (1996-1999) but it only appears to have been made on the MWB chassis.

The two single bed configuration suits us fine.

Didn't Auto Sleeper use any bigger chassis during this period?

Any other converters offering similar conversions to the Duetto?

Fred

The A/S Duetto you are looking for in the year date, built on the Ford Transit chassis, used either LWB or SWB........the LWB model being the more common for obvious reasons.

A/S also used Peugeot and VW but not to the same extent as the Transit. The Duetto though is highly sought after, command good prices, and be prepared to travel distances to find one in good nick. Only the other day i had a guy flag me down after following me asking if i was thinking of selling my van because he wanted the same model as mine!

You will find this link useful; http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/

Well informed owners of A/S models on there and also has a few vans up for sale.

Archived