Gas bottles in Switzerland, Italy, Croatia.

Ste 1984

Hello everyone. Leaving for Switzerland in a couple of days then onto Italy and Croatia. Was just wondering if anyone knows what gas bottles are available in these countries? Is there 1 bottle I can buy that they all use? Thanks.

Guest JudgeMental
Left it a bit late! Not a clue if their is a common bottle for all your destinations but very much doudt it. Just fit a single 11kg refillable bottle, if you order today from Gasit it will be with you tomorrow...cost approx under £200, that includes Bootle, valve, external filler hose, pigtail and fittings. I carry a calor Bootle as a back up. Had a twin system in the past but it's overkill to be honest.

A good proportion of 'travellers abroad' use Gaslow or similar..........despite rumours there are very few problems and with a suitable adapter you can fill up most anywhere.... and you can move it to a new van if required..... you soon recoup the cost as Autogas is cheaper than Calor.... I just filled up mine and it cost £8.00... hope this helps

Thank you very much for your replies. I did look into the gazlow previously and didn't think it was so worth the cost. Starting to think I've made a mistake with this one and I'm gonna have a stressful day or 2 chasing different bottles and adaptors in different countries. Oh well, I'll have to see how I get on. Can just see myself eating cereal for tea now lol. Cheers guys.

Guest JudgeMental

nothing worse then being without gas:-S IF you get your finger out you can have a GAS IT system by tomorrow, and fit within a few hours..all you need is a 32mm whole-saw if fitting external filler..dum de de, de dum....de de:-D

http://www.gasit.co.uk/

Archived