Spare tap for Gelert water carrier

Sparky7

I have a 10litre expandable Gelert water carrier (which is out of any possible guarantee period), upon which the tap stuck and subsequently the handle broke off.   I stuck a screw in it to replace the handle but the thing still sticks.   The body of the carrier is good quality HDPE or something and I don't want to ditch it for the sake of a new tap.   I have trawled the internet but can't find anyone supplying spare taps for 35mm apertures.   There is no phone number on Gelerts website, so does anyone know where to get such things?

Can you add a picture of the faulty tap? Over the years I have had to throw away quite a few leaky collapsible/ foldable plastic containers that I use for water transport. Now I have a collection of screw on taps....one of which may suit you. However they all have different threads. None of them are marked Gelert!

Alan

Try a garden centre or DIY store and look at water butt taps; they are secured by means of a backnut so as long as you can get a hand inside you might be able to make use of one. If you can't get your hand in recruit a small grandchild to help you.

Archived