Glastonbury

Pampam

capcloser - 2014-06-30 6:04 PM

Oh and saw hawkwind and another brilliant band who's name escapes me on the travellers field one year aswell,had a walk about and looked at some amazing bus and truck conversions even looked in a few that were very well converted,didnt see many tax discs tbough-------- (lol)

I think it was either 89 or 90 when I saw them. Wonder if it was the same year. Acutally could have been 88. Cant remember!

I went to see whitesnake at the monsters of rock ,with meatloaf twisted sister 9inch nails and zztop , loadsa sun and drink : and in later years i worked there when ac/dc. Headlined we had a fantastic view it was great:)pp

Pampam - 2014-06-27 9:39 PM

Are there many on this forum who have had the good fortune to go and camp at glastonbury this year? (Thats on my wish lust of things to do ) pp:)

Hi Pam...

Eddie is correct, I(we) have just spent the week down at the festival.. ;-)

Pulled on the campervan field 8:30-9:00ish on the Tues(having spent the Mon night on a pub site near Castle Carey, so as to approach the site from the right direction).

Other than the "must see" bands(The Who, The 'Stones, Neil Young etc), nowadays we don't tend to see a lot of the main stage stuff..although we were right at the barrier for Metallica..showing the young'uns how it should be done! >:-) ..

Having only been going since the late '90s, I still consider myself as a bit of a "newbie" as far as Glastonbury goes (..and it has got helluva a lot more poseur/ "..look at me! I'm on Tele..." in recent years(..and don't get me started on ruddy flags...!)

All in all, another great week though...

(..although I am ever so slightly broken now.... (lol) )

Eddie...Hope your lad had a great time... ;-)

capcloser - 2014-07-01 2:55 PM

It probably was the same year Barryd999,was that you with the dreads smoking that long roll up? Lol.Also saw Led Zeppelin at Nebworth,may be the best gig I've ever been to

Might have been although Im pretty sure I didnt have Dreads! :D

I remember sitting outside the double decker Spicy cider bus and being passed this enormous joint while watching in the distance Elvis Costello. Christ knows what it was but Elvis Costellos head just got bigger and bigger and floated above the stage. 8-)

Archived