Navman iCN530

John NG5

I have been researching several systems for future use and see from the members that Tom Tom seems to be the most popular. I will probably be travelling on my own, with dog who can't read maps, so satnav is a must. I was wondering if anyone has a Navman iCN530 or can recommend it. According to the Navman website it will do all that I require ie. street level mapping for western europe, POI , petrol and car parks. Still open to any other ideas. I don't want to spend a fortune, but realise you only get what you pay for!!! Is E-Bay a good or bad place to buy???? John 8-)

We had a Navman 650 and it was brilliant we sold it on E bay for a song it was in perfect working order we only sold it to upgrade for a battery version If this info is of any use I would recommend E bay as a sale forum How ever, i would suggest that you look on the navigation company web site they seem to do very good deals & show lots of navigators on their web site We used the Navman 650 all across Europe & it never let us down Good luck http://www.thenavigationcompany.com/index.htm

I've got a Navman 520 that I use in the motorhome. Not a bad bit of kit. I find that it takes a while to get a signal but once locked on performs ok. Doesn't seem to be very good on postcodes, normally end up typing in the full address. Got a really good one in the car, a Panasonic , only trouble is that it is fixed and they wanted £300 to swap it to the motorhome. Best place to buy- John Lewis. Always price match and fantastic service. Hope it is of help (lol)

Robin, There is software programme out there , for the hand held PC's such as IPAQ. It has a directory of Aires in france & gives the prescice location to enter in to any IPAQ stye sat nav. I found it whilst looking at an Aire website sometime ago I think it was around £14 for the disc. Our Navaman does not have Aires . The Aire book's mightbe a better prospect cost around £4 and give the full street address.

Just want to say I run my business from Ebay, not electrical so quite safe, but if anyone wants any info on ins and outs of it, just let me know. I too would be wary of electrical,, having said that check the feedback, if it is high people like to protect their good reputation so are unlikely to sell you duff stuff,, or if it doesnt work would probably give you refund. It can be minefield but can equally be a great market for the unusual things.

[QUOTE]michele - 2006-09-16 11:13 AM Our Navaman does not have Aires . The Aire book's mightbe a better prospect cost around £4 and give the full street address. [/QUOTE] Michele I do not find the directions in the books to be that helpful most of the time - no doubt it is me. I think the best set of directions that I have come across are on the camping cars infos website, and they also give the lat/longs. I currently enter these into Autoroute, which is a bit tedious, so the idea of downloading these into a sat nav is very appealing, especially for planning. Cheers

For the last 4 years I have been using TomTom of various versions on a PDA. Have downloaded the Aires from the website of campingcar-infos and find it usefull, sometimes the positions shown are a bit out, which also applies to the Lat And Lon coordinates on the disc version, but you are usually close enough to look for the signposts. One problem with TomTom version 5 is you cannot put in Lat and Lon coordinates directly, downloadable software is available to overcome the problem and that is what I use. I do not know if Navman allows the input of Lat and Lon, but the ability to do so is usefull as a lot of campsite guides are qouting coordinates ie Camping Cheques, also the guide to Stellplatz has coordinates for most of the entries in Germany. I believe the new Version 6 of Tom Tom has reinstated the the option to enterLat and Lon, should be due out Oct.

trigrem Tom Tom 6 - we've already got it, it does have the Lat/Lon option on it, it also has the whole of Europe as one 'map' as it were, so you don't suddenly get to the border and your 'world' disppears!!! We tried plotting from home (UK) to Paris and it did the route no problem, it even routed us via the Chunnel to get us there, couldn't find a 'ferry' option though!

Hi Mel B Your statement that TomTomNavigator 6 does not have Latitude and Longitude puzles me. See the following website which shows screenshots of Navigator 6, and Under "Navigate Too" options it shows "Latitude and Longitude" www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65678 Could you please check your version as I am not interested in version 6 if Lat & Lon are missing. Doug

Archived