Adverts, why bother? (MH related)

LordThornber

Whilst in the process of choosing a privacy room, Windblockers, and or sides for the awning, I've responded to 10 + ads.

I've had, I'm not kidding, 2 replies.

Now wouldn't you think that if you were trying to sell an item you'd at least check your emails reasonably regularly?

No pattern either, MMM, CC Classifieds, Preloved, you name it, nothing doing.

And whilst I'm on a roll, if anyone out there is thinking of placing an ad, please, reply to questions obviously, put as much available information about the item on as possible, or be prepared to waste more than just your own time and in ebay world, get some negative feedback.

Arthur Daley.

The problem starts with a lack of information; even basic stuff like dimensions.

I've been looking for a used but not abused leather sofa for ages, (not for "the van") but at least 50% of the ad's I've considered have not even had the three basic dimensions. I've also found stuff on Amazon that has had none of the important info, just the hype.

The best thing to do is ignore these ad's. If we respond to them it's a clear buying signal, and they'll continue to give as little info as possible.

Buyer beware!!

regards

alan b

Agreed Alan, one person I contacted about a product was no less an eBay power seller.

He'd a professional set up, very impressive, but as soon as I started to ask a few pertinent questions, he was hopeless.

Err, don't know about that mate, it'll probably fit etc etc.

Do these people really think we're going to part with £??? On that basis?

Buyer beware indeed.

Martyn

This is not confined to accessories, I sent 6x e-mails out for a brand new van at 50k last week to all the dealers and only 1x replied.

Whilst thinking of selling a van I rang all the dealers who " are desperate to buy your van" in fact none of them were.

When I asked why , they said they have a block booking for the advert.

Surprising, isn't it.

Alan.

Basic business sense is to control your lines of communication to ensure those you use generate sales. If you can't handle email or internet sales enquiries, don't use the media because doing so only loses you sales.

By controlling how a customer contacts you, the business retains control and can thus reduce the costs of handling enquiries.

At least "Arthur Daley" has escaped from dealing with businesses that don't care and perhaps one day will find one of the few that do care. They do exist. I think.

Archived