Head light protectors - how to fix

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Thanks to the "Off To France Soon - Last Minute Tips?" thread, I had totaly forgot about beam benders for forthcoming Italy trip. I found the headlight protectors in garage with beam bender attached from my Adria but have lost the metal clips, or forgot where ive put them. They have the two bottom clips on each one along the bottom, but my question is: how best to secure and stop them flying off...I was thinking about a few dabs of clear silicone? :-S

How about plastic suckers, for my Hymer I made up some protectors from polycarbonate sheet and attached them with suckers (ebay) been on there for over a month and 1200 miles without a problem. For safety I did fix a loop of clear strimmer line (poundland) around the back of the lamps.

Guest JudgeMental
I had used the silicone anyway and taped cover down with gaffa tape until it cures...will add a bit of wire tomorrow...better then it flying oft and breaking I guess......Thanks! :-D

My protectors came from a companv called Van something and I can't find the instructions however the bottom clips are plastic in a sort of "L" shape two for each light. there is a "U" shaped profile on the short leg of the "L" with a raised part which clips into a locating hole so that once you attach the legs you finish up with two legs sticking out at right angles the bottom. These legs are pushed into the body panel under the relevant headlight however to do so you have to remove the relevant bolt(s) so that the panel can be eased out then the bolts are reattached and re-tightenened. I hope these are the right covers and that this makes sense.

PM me if it doesn't

Archived