Fiat indicator

Pete-B

Hi,

I've got a intermittent fault with the nearside indicator on my van, (a 2012 Fiat Ducato). I've been on to the local Fiat commercial garage who tell me it's either the mirror bulb or holder. If it's the bulb it's going to be pence if it's the holder it means changing the mirror which is £311 + VAT.

My question is, as anyone else suffered this and if so is there another way round it?

This does seem very odd.

I suspect your local dealer did not really look at it very closely

I would suggest changing the bulb first and see what happens.

If you look at the bulb holder it may have a manufactures name on it. This might help you source one.

Alternatively you could try your local Peugeot or Citroen dealer, as they might be more helpful.

Another idea maybe to try Ebay or http://www.carparts4less.co.uk The later sells complete mirrors for £170.

Ebay has them even cheaper at £76

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-RELAY-2006-SHORT-ARM-ELECTRIC-DOOR-NEW-WING-MIRROR-RH-RIGHT-O-S-DRIVER-/321399182011?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFiat%7CModel%3ADucato%7CCars+Year%3A2010&hash=item4ad4e252bb

But i would be surprised if you need the complete mirror.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info, I did try another fiat dealer and got the same reply which is, computer doesn't show bulb holder as a separate entity. If that's true I certainly wouldn't go back to them for a replacement after seeing prices elsewhere, thanks for the heads up.

Indicator lens/bulb holder is available separate to the mirror.

Pt No 71748254 for the nearside and 71748255 for the offside. About £21 plus VAT each. These part numbers are for 2011 Euro5 version but are backward compatible with all previous X250 vehicles. The new lens should come with a bulb fitted.

Hi Pete, I had an intermittent fault on my indicators a while ago. Below is the information I posted after successfully fixing it. This may be applicable to your problem.

"Fiat X250 Wiring Fault and Cure.

I recently had a very intermittent fault on the off-side indicators – the front one would work, the dashboard repeat would work but the rear indicator would not. I checked the usual suspects bulb, poor connection, fuse etc. but to no avail. The problem worsened a few days ago when the key fob and separate alarm fob became ineffective. I eventually found a blown fuse in the alarm unit – changed it and all the faults cleared. All was OK – or so I thought!!

On rechecking that the fault was indeed cleared I saw that a different fault had manifested itself - neither of the indicators were working properly – a completely different problem.

Further investigation found that the wiring bundle from the doorjamb into the driver’s door had chaffed on the metal work. So much so that bare wires could be seen in two distinct areas – hence the blown fuse. I repaired this and covered the wiring bundle with plastic tubing.

I then checked the passenger side and again there were signs of chaffing. So I resorted to the tubing again.

So, if you have any strange electrical faults that involve anything to do with the cab doors I suggest you check the wiring between the bodywork and the door. This may save you hours of frustration and/or a large auto electrician’s bill".

Cattwg :-D

Hi, Further to my original posting, and in answer to Stalwarts reply giving part numbers for the mirror indicator lamp assembly. I've been onto our local Fiat commercial dealer this morning, and yes, you can buy the lamp assembly as a separate entity, but unfortunately it doesn't come with the actual lamp holder.

Just thought I'd mention this in case someone else has the same problem

Pete,

That is unfortunately true. I forgot that bit. My Name is Nick, and go by 'Euroserv' not Stalwart.

If you send me a private message with your address I will cut one out of an old mirror housing and send it to you. I have several spares. You will just have to solder the wires onto your existing loom.

Nick

Hi Nick,

That's great mate, I'll look forward to seeing it when it comes. We're due to go away next Thursday for just over a week so I'm hoping your bit's will solve the problem.

Thanks again you're a champion|

PS. I forgot to say but on my glass the little bit on the bottom that the holding screw goes into is broken (like that when I took it off) hence it's only held by one screw. So sending another one is a double bonus, the only thing is my bulb is a tiny one, I think they call them capless.

Archived