Customer service

p0930

I spent most of the day on Tuesday trying to get a dealer to send me a set of Milenco Quattros. On each occasion I was told they either did not deliver to the Scottish Highlands or it would cost a premium, all this despite their adverts on some sites telling me there was free delivery to the UK mainland.

How refreshing that on the same day I ordered Gasit cylinders and fitting kit at 4 pm it was delivered by 3pm the following day. Well done Gasit, if you can do it so can others.

p0930 - 2014-07-02 1:40 PM

I spent most of the day on Tuesday trying to get a dealer to send me a set of Milenco Quattros. On each occasion I was told they either did not deliver to the Scottish Highlands or it would cost a premium, all this despite their adverts on some sites telling me there was free delivery to the UK mainland.

How refreshing that on the same day I ordered Gasit cylinders and fitting kit at 4 pm it was delivered by 3pm the following day. Well done Gasit, if you can do it so can others.

Well that serves you right for staying in such a beautiful part of the UK. :-D

Past your door at the weekend on our way to Little Ferry kart track and had a super weekend. Cruise liner in at Invergordon so hopefully that would have put a few $ in the locals pocket.

Do not see the extra cost added to deliver to your area as all the big supermarkets are further up so they do not see it a problem.

Installed Gas low several years ago and they have paid for themselves both in the cost of gas and the ease of filling. You will not regret.

It is interesting that if I call a local courier to pick up something in the south there is no extra charge but something despatched from there costs anything up to £20. It is discriminatory as far as I am concerned at best and sheer greed at worst.

p0930 - 2014-07-02 6:07 PM

It is interesting that if I call a local courier to pick up something in the south there is no extra charge but something despatched from there costs anything up to £20. It is discriminatory as far as I am concerned at best and sheer greed at worst.

Cheer up Charlie, if Scotland votes for Independence later this year there will be additional Export charges as well (lol)

flicka - 2014-07-02 7:36 PM

p0930 - 2014-07-02 6:07 PM

Cheer up Charlie, if Scotland votes for Independence later this year there will be additional Export charges as well (lol)

Plus the exchange rate when you have to pay in euros :-D

Guest JudgeMental
surely members must realize by now if you want service best to call first...emails often set aside and sometimes forgotten, especially at busy times of year......

JudgeMental - 2014-07-03 9:32 AM

surely members must realize by now if you want service best to call first...emails often set aside and sometimes forgotten, especially at busy times of year......

It is the sheer enormity of the quantity of emails that can overload businesses. We typically receive close to 500 emails a day. The vast majority are Spam. Some days just about every factory in China has something to show us. Then there are all the telephone, company van deals and SEO offers.

Hopefully, we do not miss the actual customer emails but it would be very easy. So don't be tooooo critical if you do always get a response from a company.

p0930 - 2014-07-02 1:40 PM

I spent most of the day on Tuesday trying to get a dealer to send me a set of Milenco Quattros. On each occasion I was told they either did not deliver to the Scottish Highlands or it would cost a premium, all this despite their adverts on some sites telling me there was free delivery to the UK mainland...

Are you certain that you need the Quattro ramps?

The design is questionable when it comes to motorhome wheels as the aggressively prominent lateral edges of the 'pockets' on these ramps dig into the tyres. If you REALLY MUST have a set of very high-lift ramps, you might be better opting for the 3-stage "MGI Maxi" design shown here:

http://www.justmilenco.co.uk/epages/es134997.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es134997/Categories/Levelling/Levelling_Ramps

Both the Quattro and MGI Maxi ramps are BIG - almost 3 feet long for Quattro - and heavy, taking up a lot of storage space and eating into payload. I carry a set of Quattros and a set of much smaller, conventional wedge-shaped ramps. I use the former very occasionally and the latter a lot. With the benefit of hindsight I should have bought a single set of ramps somewhere in size/lift between the two (eg. Milenco's MGI Midi design).

This earlier forum discussion may be of interest

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Milenco-levellers/19656/

Guest pelmetman
AliB - 2014-07-03 10:21 AM

JudgeMental - 2014-07-03 9:32 AM

It is the sheer enormity of the quantity of emails that can overload businesses. We typically receive close to 500 emails a day. The vast majority are Spam. Some days just about every factory in China has something to show us. Then there are all the telephone, company van deals and SEO offers.

Hopefully, we do not miss the actual customer emails but it would be very easy. So don't be tooooo critical if you do always get a response from a company.

I've solved that problem Alistair ;-)........................I stopped advertising :D................now I rarely get more than dozen emails a day, and the only ones I get for the business are from people who want to increase traffic to my websites, or the bloke in China who wants to sell me some pouffes :-S................

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2014-07-03 5:21 PM

clifford60 - 2014-07-03 5:17 PM

i made my own out of some scrap wood. cost bu***r all. work perfect.

Sounds about right , you just had to be from Yorkshire B-)

We have some wooden ones that the FIL made out of recycled wood ;-)...............but bought some plastic ones after we went to a weighbridge :$.................still use them on the drive for jobs underneath the van as they lift the van higher ;-)...................

pelmetman - 2014-07-03 5:32 PM

I've solved that problem Alistair ;-)........................I stopped advertising : or the bloke in China who wants to sell me some pouffes :-S................

Sorry Dave I passed him your details in the hope he would leave me alone.

Archived