ADAC..........2 strikes and your out!

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Had a recorded delivery letter form Germany today...........naturally in German, translated it using Google...................still didn't understand it :-S...............So phoned them up :-|..........

Apparently the gist is, because I called them out twice in a few weeks, my cover has been reduced from the plus cover to the basic cover, which effectively means I can now only call them out if I breakdown in Germany *-)............

Also I can not renew the ADAC plus when its due for renewal, just the basic...............So about as much use as a wet weekend in Blackpool 8-)..............

The other thing to note I have to write to them 3 months prior to renewal to cancel membership..........It will not just laspe :-S.............

Now with Britannia.............no vehicle age limit and 180 days European cover ;-).....................£175...........

Apparently my two call outs cost them 300€.......each......... so can't say I didn't get my monies worth :D.....

So not as good as everyone makes them out to be then, that does rather extreme action for 2 call outs.

Dave, you just owned up to Horace breaking down twice in a few weeks better get your tin hat on with all the flack you are likely to get on here. :D

That sounds a bit grim! A while ago I was tempted to use them instead of the RAC - glad I didn't...

We just had an incident in Spain and the RAC have been great, no worries over size of vehicle either. This is what they sent out to us.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l229/neilmac500/Recovery_zpse0c37ca4.jpg

The story so far is on my blog linked below :-)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems with your vehicle and with ADAC, and I totally agree that the restriction they have placed on your membership makes continued membership by most people living outside of Germany pointless,

Its worth noting that that when I checked a number of breakdown services a few years ago quite a few of them imposed similar restrictions if people use them too often, so just check before you renew with anyone.

Out of interest did they give any idea if they would reverse the restriction after a given period

Guest pelmetman
lennyhb - 2014-07-02 11:47 PM

Dave, you just owned up to Horace breaking down twice in a few weeks better get your tin hat on with all the flack you are likely to get on here. :D

Not so Lenny.....................It's ironic that it was my newer but less reliable 99 delivery Tranny ;-)............... just a bit unfortunate that it had two unrelated issues (clutch cable broke and a duff replacement starter motor) within a month *-)...................

But worth noting, that if your with ADAC and have two incidents regardless of vehicle age ;-)..................then expect a letter from Germany :-|............

I have a cunning plan to improve the reliability of my work tranny.........AND......make it LEZ compliant :D...................a 3 litre Essex V6 with auto box B-)...............

It'll qualify as a business expense to (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
enodreven - 2014-07-03 8:30 AM

Out of interest did they give any idea if they would reverse the restriction after a given period

I did ask whether I could qualify for ADAC-Plus again at renewal and they said no...........whether you can leave a gap of a few months and then reapply I didn't ask :-S...........

Seems to me, if you are a member then you should be OK unless your unfortunate enough to have two incidents in a short space of time...............as they're still very good value ;-)..............

Britannia seem to provide a pretty comprehensive 180 day European cover for us folk with older campers...............just at double the cost 8-)...............

pelmetman - 2014-07-03 9:02 AM

I did ask whether I could qualify for ADAC-Plus again at renewal and they said no...........whether you can leave a gap of a few months and then reapply I didn't ask :-S...........

It may be that, having seen Horace, and having been called out twice within a few weeks when your engine fell out and the suspension collapsed, they thought they might start running at a loss?

:-D

( sorry Dave - but someone had to say it ! )

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-07-03 9:16 AM

pelmetman - 2014-07-03 9:02 AM

It may be that, having seen Horace, and having been called out twice within a few weeks when your engine fell out and the suspension collapsed, they thought they might start running at a loss?

:-D

( sorry Dave - but someone had to say it ! )

Too late Malc, Lenny got in before you ;-).................and as I said earlier, it was my 1999 delivery tranny that broke down............not Horace B-).................he's only ever needed the services of the AA to change a wheel after my wheel nut saga *-).................

pelmetman - 2014-07-03 12:42 PM

Too late Malc, Lenny got in before you ;-).................and as I said earlier, it was my 1999 delivery tranny that broke down............not Horace B-).................he's only ever needed the services of the AA to change a wheel after my wheel nut saga *-).................

Oh dear.

My fault for jumping to conclusions.

Please pass my apologies on to Horace.

:-(

Archived