burstner nexxo 690G 55 ,2014 model. problems

fesspark

We have a Burstner NExxo 685 which is 2 months old and the first time we went away to France the gas system refused to work although it was intermittent it was an annoying fault and a new regulator had to be fitted. Next time we went away the fridge stopped working from any power source which meant we had to come home early and throw away the contents of fridge and freezer. We contacted the dealer who gave us the number of the Dometic engineer who was a complete waste of time. We could never get hold of him, he always had the answer phone on and kept telling us to try different things and after a week we contacted the dealer again and took it to them to sort out. Now I am without a van in the middle of summer who knows for how long.

Whilst in France we met another 55 owner who also had had trouble with his fridge/freezer.

Sorry to hear about your fridge/freezer problem, Mine is o.k. but I have a suspension problem,when I ride over cats eyes,or road joints the noise and banging from the rear is unbearable. The company I purchased the vehicle from has offered to look at it and maybe remove 2 of the red secondary springs to see if this helps but as i live a 700 miles round trip from the dealer I am yet to commit myself. The Vehicle has been downsized from 3850 to 3500 k so maybe the extra springs fitted to take the weight is not now needed ? Fesspark .p.s. does anyone out there have knowledge of this problem ?

fesspark - 2014-07-13 10:14 AM

Sorry to hear about your fridge/freezer problem, Mine is o.k. but I have a suspension problem,when I ride over cats eyes,or road joints the noise and banging from the rear is unbearable. The company I purchased the vehicle from has offered to look at it and maybe remove 2 of the red secondary springs to see if this helps but as i live a 700 miles round trip from the dealer I am yet to commit myself. The Vehicle has been downsized from 3850 to 3500 k so maybe the extra springs fitted to take the weight is not now needed ? Fesspark .p.s. does anyone out there have knowledge of this problem ?

These vehicles are on van chassis, which are not overly sophisticated. They all ride "hard" and the 3,850 version even harder - especially if it has 16" wheels.

Having said that, I think it would be unwise to remove springs, as that would inevitably reduce the rear axle load margin by an unknown amount. This would then be in conflict with the rating of the VIN plate.

Far simpler will be to prioritise tyre pressures. To do this, take the fully laden van to a weighbridge and get it weighed, making sure you get the weights on each axle. If you explain what you want the weighbridge operator will probably tell you to place the vehicle in the middle of the platform for one weight, and then drive the front wheels off to weigh the rear axle. The difference is the load on the front axle. It is important to do this with water, fuel, and gas full, and with all occupants on board. Then contact the tyre makers technical department with the result and see what pressures they recommend. It is probable that the pressures recommended by Burstner are for the axles at maximum load, and equally probably that the loads in use are less than that. This should make a noticeable difference to the ride quality. Then, if the problem persists, consider more radical measures.

Petra - 2014-07-08 3:10 PM

We have a Burstner NExxo 685 which is 2 months old and the first time we went away to France the gas system refused to work although it was intermittent it was an annoying fault and a new regulator had to be fitted. Next time we went away the fridge stopped working from any power source which meant we had to come home early and throw away the contents of fridge and freezer. We contacted the dealer who gave us the number of the Dometic engineer who was a complete waste of time. We could never get hold of him, he always had the answer phone on and kept telling us to try different things and after a week we contacted the dealer again and took it to them to sort out. Now I am without a van in the middle of summer who knows for how long.

Whilst in France we met another 55 owner who also had had trouble with his fridge/freezer.

To be fair both your problems can't be blamed on Burstner, Dometic fridges and Truma regulators are fitted to a vast amount of Motorhomes of all makes.

Thank ,you Brian you really have confused me now, these m,homes have 15 inch wheels I have never had a alko chassis and never had this problem, last 2 previous m,homes 56 reg autotrail660.and 08 reg adria 660.both basic chassis no hard ride or road noise from either ?

Thank ,you Brian you really have confused me now, these m,homes have 15 inch wheels I have never had a alko chassis and never had this problem, last 2 previous m,homes 56 reg autotrail660.and 08 reg adria 660.both basic chassis no hard ride or road noise from either ?

Archived