Time to get off pitch...

Garf

We have had considerable experience with both clubs. My parents were C+CC members when I was young, and I always remember them saying how much friendlier that club was than the CC, whom they had bad experiences with. Since my Wife and I (And the kids!) have been camping, we have joined and experienced both clubs over the past few years. In our experience, the Caravan Club are BY FAR the most friendly, and not at all officious. (Which was my parent's complaint all those years ago.) The only bad experiences we have had have ALL been on C+CC sites, such as: -Inaccurate complaints about our Son's behaviour and his bawling out in front of other campers by a warden -Warden tries to get us to move pitch after we had set up because they had messed up-VERY unpleasant when we refused.... -Warden spots our Caravan Club handbook in the van and says" Wouldnt have given you such a good pitch if I had known you were with THEM. (And I don't think he was joking !) -Final straw-arrived at site for new year stay last year to find that there was no water available-all frozen up. No attempt made to contact anyone to warn them to fill up before leaving home. Warden couldnt have cared less... I'm still a member, mainly for the RAC arrival recovery scheme, but I always use Caravan Club sites from preference. I must say though that I have NEVER experienced any anti-motorhome prejudice at any site I have used.

At York at the weekend we were on the Caravan Club site and there was a blackboard with a notice on asking people to vacate their pitches by 11.15 am! It didn't bother us as we were gone by 9.00 am at the latest but anyone who was wanting to leave their van for the morning and go just before noon wouldn't have been very happy.

Mel I think you have encountered a pushy warden. CC site rules say pitches should normally be vacated by 12:00 Noon, York specifically asks for arrivals after noon in the handbook, so why does he want people off by 11:15? Cheeky chappy springs to mind. Docted

Archived