AutoTrail tail light

rp272

We have an AutoTrail Delaware 2008 and after a slight altercation when tree thrust out a branch without looking, when we were reversing the high level tail light is broken!

It is markedHella RD 7R0131438 and I expected to find a replacement easily on eBay. Yesterday a Polish site suggested that it was a very rare 'vintage' part but even that listing has now disappeared.

Of course I did not measure the actual dimensions as I expected the part number to be sufficient.

These lenses are a common user replaceable item but even AutoTrail's spares website doesn't bother to list them.

Has anyone an appropriate suggestion?

kindest regards

Roger

...I doubt that Auto-Trail will have fitted a "vintage" item, and it may well be that the number you have is an approval number, or some other marking, rather than a part number.

Assuming you mean the high-level brake light, the 2008 Hella catalogue page attached (it is just about legible), may help you identify your particular part.

(there is one other part, but that includes a white mounting surround, which doesn't look correct for the pictures I can find of a Delaware).

528391430_HellaLight.thumb.JPG.1d622d5dd3091ffc70549cb0ed52a376.JPG

Hi Robinhood

Unfortunately none of the images are anything like the lens I'm looking for. I have found an old eBay listing with a picture:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Raritaet-Hella-7R0131438-Ruecklichtglas-fuer-Ruecklicht-Rueckleuchte-Oldtimer-/260954715783

The title translates as: Rarity 7R0131438 Hella Taillight Lens for rear light rear light vintage! There is no way I'm willing to pat €29.90 for a little piece of red plastic.

Thanks Robinhood

It does look very similar and it's cheaper for a whole lamp than €29.95 for just a lens.

I have sent a parts request to AutoTrail and will wait to see what they say but I expect they will want even more.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. AT never bothered to reply despite several reminders so I contacted Hella who suggested that item 2SA 001.259-751 is probably what I needed. The local stockist of course didn't actually have one but would place a special order with a £10 delivery surcharge plus the cost of sending it to me!

eBay identified a supplier at £15.10 with free P&P so I ordered it.

I am pleased to say it is the correct item but the irony is that the lens has the same number stamped on it that I was originally searching for...

Sourcing spare parts like this really shouldn't be so difficult!

I think Autotrail are on 'Annual Shutdown' at the moment. I did'nt think companies could afford to do that these days ?? Goes back to 'Miners week' at Blackpool.

Couldn't post the E Bay link could you ? I have an Autotrail,and you never know !! Thanks ;-)

Archived