AutoTrail replacement for carpet

rp272

Our AutoTrail has Vinyl flooring in the bedroom, bathroom and outside the shower with removable carpets. This is the area which attracts least wear. The 'living' area however has wall to wall carpet (of very poor quality) it get amazingly dirty and no amount of cleaning really improves it.

We had a quote from a firm offering complete van makeovers but decided to find a good vinyl fitter (it's much harder to do than carpet). I chose one from www.checkatrade.com based near to us in Dorchester his rating was almost straight 10s. He charged us £100 plus the cost of the vinyl and came and fitted it at our van storage site on a Sunday. His work is impeccable and you would not know that the vinyl hadn't been factory fitted. I am always keen to praise exceptional workmanship, so if you want a new floor and are anywhere near Weymouth, Dorset get in touch with Darren Jenkins: www.djenkinsflooring.co.uk

I had the same problem with our Adria,rubbish carpets,our solution last year was good carpet tiles laid onto the vinyl floor, perfect,a days work with a craft knife,and lots of patience! It looks brilliant,cleans very well,and if you have an accident or hard wearing spot like entrance to bathroom etc.just fit new tile,it's had 10 weeks hard wear so far this year,gravel in Spain,mud in Germany,dust and grass in France and it's good as new,cost £40.00 and I have 2 tiles spare.

I carpeted our van using Gel backed carpet material is similar to carpet tiles cost 40 quid to do the whole van. It is light and easy to lift out the sections for through cleaning and cheap enough to replace when it gets grubby.

Archived