my beautiful county

clifford60

hi all, having seen my beautiful county displayed in all it's glory by the tour de yorkshire, how many of you wished you lived in such a wonderful place? didn't we do well. i think there is ample evidence that a tour of britain is not beyond the realms of possibility if the scots stop bitching and keep with us.

clifford60 - 2014-07-07 12:21 PM

... i think there is ample evidence that a tour of britain is not beyond the realms of possibility....

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/index.php#.U7qta8ZOXIU ;-)

although it doesn't appear to go as far up as you...?

(..they probably figured that you'd all still be banging on about "Le Tour", without giving you something else to sing about... (lol) ).

It did look good though...and all this fuss on the run up about "parking/anti-MH bans" etc, well judging by the TV footage, it must've driven tourist away in their 1s and 2s... (lol)

It did make I smile watching the campers and TV crew being driven daft by midgies early Saturday morning!

Whether they were imported specially for the event from North of the border or are indigenous I know not but they were certainly making their presence felt?

Where was the Avon lady when they needed her!

Tracker - 2014-07-07 3:42 PM

Whether they were imported specially for the event from North of the border or are indigenous I know not but they were certainly making their presence felt?

You don't have to go north of the border for midges.

Ever been to Kielder Water ?

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-07-07 5:01 PM

;-)

Yep 8-)................paid for 3 nights..........stayed one *-).........

Actually if im correct where you live is pretty nice pelmetman i think i went through that area when i went to sutton on sea and thought it very prettyv....or have i got wrong are ??? Pp:) looked like a lot of folk retired there there seemed loadsa bungalows etc with nice gardens :

Guest pelmetman
Pampam - 2014-07-07 5:30 PM

Actually if im correct where you live is pretty nice pelmetman i think i went through that area when i went to sutton on sea and thought it very prettyv....or have i got wrong are ??? Pp:) looked like a lot of folk retired there there seemed loadsa bungalows etc with nice gardens :

Have to say it's very pleasant, and we've lived here for 10 years it's the longest we've lived anywhere ;-)...........normally the neighbours would have got a petition to get me out by now :D............or is that just on here (lol)...............

House is still on the market if your interested? ;-).................although we're having second thoughts as we do enjoy the garden...............and now that my toyboy investment has matured, combined with my skinflint approach to spending money...........we're quite happy to stay here...............best of both worlds B-)....................

malc d - 2014-07-07 5:01 PM

;-)

Yes - didn't stay long into the evening!

A bit like this forum - you don't have to come on here to be insulted but, like Jockland and midgies, it is one of the best places known to uncivilised mankind for the purpose!

clifford60 - 2014-07-07 12:21 PM

hi all, having seen my beautiful county displayed in all it's glory by the tour de yorkshire, how many of you wished you lived in such a wonderful place? didn't we do well. i think there is ample evidence that a tour of britain is not beyond the realms of possibility if the scots stop bitching and keep with us.

Well, Ian, the French seemed to like it -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28191502 and were a bit surprised that there are hills in Yorkshire!

I lived in Antony's home town of Huddersfield for nearly 5 years -- in the 60's -- before he was born -- but always tried to escape at weekends and holiday times to the wonderful Dales etc. featured on 'Le grand depart' Holme Moss and Saddleworth Moor were two other places of pilgrimage! The first camping holiday that I took with my wife-to-be was to the Yorkshire Dales -- re-visited in the 'van last year -- but not when full of cyclists, their entourages and dangerous 'selfie'-seeking idiots! Not for me I'm afraid - but the proposed 'Tour de Yorkshire' might be a good idea?

Archived