Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2015-08-07 9:04 AM

The Daily Mail report says that Jensen has got a model wife.

You'd think he could afford a real one.

;-)

1/4 million pound engagement ring 8-) .............Obviously a top of the range model :D .............

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was not going to post about this, I think the subject has been "done to death" and anyway I don't believe gassing actually happens. Well, I used to be100% sure but now maybe 99%.

A friend of my niece who was in a caravan in Italy stayed overnight on a m/way services. They woke in the morning with headaches, feeling sick and groggy. Two adults and four children. They had been robbed of course, the police arrived and took them to hospital where blood tests revealed CO poisoning. They were given oxygen and sent on their way.

I am informed that a cctv video exists (I have not seen it) of three masked men two of whom are seen putting "something" through the window they have forced, the video is not that clear it seems.

IF the thieves are using CO from exhausts then they tread a dangerous path, how the hell do they know when to stop so as not to kill anyone, particularly children?

I think I will buy a CO alarm, that 1% doubt is enough for me.

H

Guest pelmetman
hallii - 2015-08-07 10:07 AM

I think I will buy a CO alarm, that 1% doubt is enough for me.

H

B-) ........

Joe90 - 2014-09-15 6:33 PM

Perhaps the very best all of us could hope for is to hear of a motorhomer driving an old nail of a Ford being the very first gassing victim where they got the dosage completely wrong and overdid it big time, the beauty of that would be no one would hear from him again, but he'd be happy at last, his epitaph would be " see I told you so "

What a dreadful thing to wish on someone, even if said in jest this is very offensive

Lynne

colin - 2015-08-07 12:49 PM

The French police have been contacted over this and they are keeping quiet. So it appears to be just hearsay.

Yes, caught a radio 4 or 5L ? report on this earlier and it was just referred to as a " robbery"...and the only reference to "gas", was to refer to the previous, "..unsubstantiated......suspicions.." anecdotes. :-S

Although they(BBC TV news) did speak with someone who claims to have been a victim...and amongst all of this supposed glut of gassing robberies on the French Rivera..guess who they found to speak to?...go on, guess......yep...a motorhoming Brit (lol)

As,said, 'twill be interesting if/when JB's toxicology report and any CCTV footage goes public.......

Guest pelmetman
Archiesgrandad - 2015-08-07 3:56 PM

You make a good point, Pelmetman. Why did you fit a carbon monoxide alarm?

AGD

I bought it for the dog :D ..........

Well to be more exact, we have a multi fuel stove in our sun lounge and Troy used to sleep there, and we'd had a few incidents where the wind had changed and we'd noticed the fumes 8-) ..........Hence the alarm, but they were on BOGOF so I put one in the camper.........

After a service it came back from my mechanics with the batteries removed, as apparently the exhaust fumes from the other cars kept setting it off ;-) ..........

So now I reckon they're a life saver and a security alarm B-)...........

Guest pelmetman
lynneroy - 2015-08-07 12:42 PM

Joe90 - 2014-09-15 6:33 PM

Perhaps the very best all of us could hope for is to hear of a motorhomer driving an old nail of a Ford being the very first gassing victim where they got the dosage completely wrong and overdid it big time, the beauty of that would be no one would hear from him again, but he'd be happy at last, his epitaph would be " see I told you so "

What a dreadful thing to wish on someone, even if said in jest this is very offensive

Lynne

Its alright Lynne ;-) .........Joe and I have history :D .............

I still owe him one for a mega windup with his avatar >:-) ...........

Some of us old lags tend to be somewhat rumbustious at times ;-) ......

pepe63 - 2015-08-07 1:23 PM

The French police have been contacted over this and they are keeping quiet. So it appears to be just hearsay.

Yes, caught a radio 4 or 5L ? report on this earlier and it was just referred to as a " robbery"...and the only reference to "gas", was to refer to the previous, "..unsubstantiated......suspicions.." anecdotes. :-S

Although they(BBC TV news) did speak with someone who claims to have been a victim...and amongst all of this supposed glut of gassing robberies on the French Rivera..guess who they found to speak to?...go on, guess......yep...a motorhoming Brit (lol)

As,said, 'twill be interesting if/when JB's toxicology report and any CCTV footage goes public.......

Whoever was investigating for the Jeremy Vine show also looked in to what evidence french police have provided the courts over the years, and not once has any evidence been found of gas being used in such robberies.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2015-08-07 7:24 PM

pepe63 - 2015-08-07 1:23 PM

Whoever was investigating for the Jeremy Vine show also looked in to what evidence french police have provided the courts over the years, and not once has any evidence been found of gas being used in such robberies.

The establishment (BBC) will ask questions from those who will give the correct answers ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 7:34 PM

The establishment (BBC) will ask questions from those who will give the correct answers ;-) ........

Almost!

The establishment, (BBC and all other media) will ask selected questions from those who they believes will give answers best suited to their own perceieved need for audience figures and what they perceive to be in their owners and managers best interests.

So much for unbiased.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-08-07 7:40 PM

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 7:34 PM

Almost!

The establishment, (BBC and all other media) will ask selected questions from those who they believes will give answers best suited to their own perceieved need for audience figures and what they perceive to be in their owners and managers best interests.

So much for unbiased.

Which is why I should be allowed to rule the world :D ............

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-08-07 8:11 PM

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 8:09 PM

Which is why I should be allowed to rule the world :D ............

I have to admit there are worse people ruling the world, and even worse they are allowed to breed!

So that's one vote B-) .............Only 6 billion less one to go 8-) ..........

But hey I've taken on tougher challenges :D ............So once I have a reliable Fanny then the next stop world domination >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 8:19 PM

So that's one vote B-) .............Only 6 billion less one to go 8-) ..........

But hey I've taken on tougher challenges :D ............So once I have a reliable Fanny then the next stop world domination >:-) ...........

The Scots will vote for anyone promising independence, regardless of their inability to deliver!

The North Koreans will vote for whoever their dictator tells them to!

The Chinese will vote for anyone who promises them an iphone and a Range Rover each!

Does that help!

As long as we don't all have to drive 30 year old Trannies!

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-08-07 8:35 PM

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 8:19 PM

The Scots will vote for anyone promising independence, regardless of their inability to deliver!

The North Koreans will vote for whoever their dictator tells them to!

The Chinese will vote for anyone who promises them an iphone and a Range Rover each!

Does that help!

As long as we don't all have to drive 30 year old Trannies!

Don't worry Rich there wont be enough to go around, they'll be reserved for my proletariat ;-) ........

Fortunately the lemming classes will keep us in the style we wished to be accustomed :D..........

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-08-07 10:02 PM

You should check out the update in the same paper that carried this story, it now transpires that like many have suggested time and time again there is NO substance to this or any other so called gassing robbery story.

Yet curiously Mr & Mrs Button and friends managed to sleep through being robbed ;-) .........

No doubt the RCoA are the experts in such matters? (lol) ........

I wonder how many incidents they've actually investigated, rather than just pontificated? *-) .......

We don't need the gas we sleep through everything. During the Micheal Fish Hurricane we woke up in the morning, looked out of the window and wondered why everyone else was out in the street lookin up to,see what damage had occurred. Not long ago at Peterborough there was apparently and epic thunder storm during the night. In the morning everyone was talking about it but we missed it completely.

I can't help thinking some people simply sleep through such happenings possibly helped by a little too much vino!

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 10:15 PM

I wonder how many incidents they've actually investigated, rather than just pontificated? *-) .......

No one seems to have investigated any of these incidents thoroughly.

If they had we would know by now what kind of gas was used, and how it was administered.

So far it's a deafening silence when it comes to evidence.

That's why, for many people, it remains a "myth "

:-|

Why don't those who think the RCoA are wrong - prove it.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2015-08-08 8:30 PM

pelmetman - 2015-08-07 10:15 PM

No one seems to have investigated any of these incidents thoroughly.

If they had we would know by now what kind of gas was used, and how it was administered.

So far it's a deafening silence when it comes to evidence.

That's why, for many people, it remains a "myth "

Why don't those who think the RCoA are wrong - prove it.

The RCoA are experts in the use of anesthetics in medicine ;-) ...............

They are not as they admitted in their email (Quoted below), experts in the use of carbon monoxide as a means to rob *-)

"Exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide, which is a poison, and is never used in anaesthetic practice. The RCoA statement refers specifically to actual or potential anaesthetic agents:"

Guest Joe90

Moving the goal posts now are we ?

Someone somehow manages to get into Buttons apartment and administer Carbon monoxide ( where from exactly ) just enough to put them out, but not to kill them, the robbers of course being experts in poisoning people using this method.............motorhomers in the meantime have exhaust fumes pumped into their van presumably without noticing the stench or the noise of the van right next to them :-S

Quite why you continue with these fanciful ideas should defeat anyone, I mean what's the point ?

It's well proven that "Cat burglars" can rob anyone without their knowledge, no CO2 or any type of gasses needed at all...............and that is definitely not a myth.

pelmetman - 2015-08-09 7:32 AM

The RCoA are experts in the use of anesthetics in medicine ;-) ...............

They are not as they admitted in their email (Quoted below), experts in the use of carbon monoxide as a means to rob *-)

"Exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide, which is a poison, and is never used in anaesthetic practice. The RCoA statement refers specifically to actual or potential anaesthetic agents:"

By only referring to the expertise, or otherwise, of the RCoA you are avoiding my question.

The police have access to loads of forensic experts, 'gas experts' - and any other kind of expert they need but - as far as I have read - have not produced any firm evidence of the kind of gas being used or how it is administered, either in motorhomes or Buttons villa.

I am keeping an open mind on the subject - not being an expert on anything relevant myself - but I just don't understand the apparent lack of progress / interest shown by the authourities in resolving the ' mystery '

Archived