Storage advice please!!!

Mycallhill

Hi everyone;im in the process of looking for my first motorhome;unfortunately it will not be possible to park at my home so this is where i need help please;i live in Ruislip Middx and have spent hours trying to locate a facility where i can store vehicle;only one i have had any luck is Purple parking but in excess of £1000 and no weekend acess;dont mind if its 20/30 miles from homw;cheers Michael

Not familiar with your local area but I did have to tackle a similar storing challenge recently. Commercial storage forms are going to charge commercial rates, as you have discovered, so maybe approach the problem laterally. I started with a garden centre, who couldn't help but put me on to a man with a storage yard, who might help etc. So do some local footwork; anywhere which has a bit of accessible space. Farms are often used but I suppose you might not have many of those! Ask at any local caravan sites or dealerships about storage and whether they know anywhere.

You may however encounter insurance problems because insurance compnaies don't like to see motorhomes parked or stored anywhere other than on your drive or in a proper caravan storage facility. So ask when you are researching insurance cover.

Good luck

Commons Wood Caravan Club site at junction 4 on the A1 has secure storage for £570 per year. It is about 45mins from Ruislip. We use it. Access is 8am - 8pm in summer and 9am to 6pm in winter. There is also a wash bay.

It is also a good place to spend weekends for trips to St Albans, Welwyn and Hatfield House

Archived