Been to the new show at Stafford

Zydeco Joe

Just back from a nice day out to the new motorhome show at the Country Showground Stafford. Looked in many new vans plus a few secondhand one's plus had a ride on a electric bike for the first time, liked it but not the price of £1200.Liked one of Pilote 600 van's but again not the price LOL. Will keep Tiva or Auto Trail Tracker for now, she has all we need for the two of us for our 18-20 weeks over the channel each year so why swop ?. (even if

the drop down bed looked nice )))). Not a great turn out but you cannot stay overnight like you can at the other shows.

Just got home. Lovely sunny day and a lovely venue - the Stafford Showground is very nice and the parking fields are good too.

Reasonable turnout of exhibitors for a first time venue, especially motorhime dealers of which there was a good selection. Some new accessory dealers - including a couple of Mobile WiFi which I found interesting.

Attendance was a bit light, which might disappoint the traders but not bad for a first time and i hope the Event runs again next year.

Warners will doubtless aim to make money out of running these shows and starting up a new venue like this one, even with all the advantages they have of a publicity machine using their magazines and other shows, must be a bit of a gamble. I can't imagine that they or the traders made much out of this one this time.

Judging by the lack of people today and very few sold signs on vans I doubt anyone - except Warners - made any profit!

Nice location and show ground but it was dry and firm and I don't know how it would fare in a normal English summer of rain and mud, although with tarmac roads for access to all stands it should be better than an all grass location!

It remains to be seen whether it returns next year but my suspicion is that there are already more than enough shows and each new one just dilutes the appeal of the pre-existing shows?

Well we found it invaluable to confirm what we wanted, in fact we ended up buying one! Maybe it's better for newbies like us? We were there mid morning Sunday and it was quiet but so long as the people there are buyers that's all that matters.

Abcheetham - 2014-07-14 10:21 AM

Well we found it invaluable to confirm what we wanted, in fact we ended up buying one! Maybe it's better for newbies like us? We were there mid morning Sunday and it was quiet but so long as the people there are buyers that's all that matters.

Hope your New Van works out great for you and have many years touring with it. B-)

Archived