base vehicle

haineya12

I am looking for a base van to convert into a camper (fiat ducato or peugeot boxer) however it must be left hand drive. any dealers would be helpful, also companies who do conversions. the reason I am looking in the Uk is the prices of second hand campers here in spain are rediculous.

thanks andrew, costa del sol, spain

Guest pelmetman
Your more likely to find a LHD camper than a unconverted van in the UK...........why not buy one of those and drive it back to Spain? ;-)....................

Guest Peter James
haineya12 - 2014-07-12 5:21 PM

the prices of second hand campers here in spain are rediculous.

The same could be said for Britain if you are comparing the rate of depreciation with vans, or even cars.

But you need to take into account the fact that many of these second hand campers have had very little use and are like new inside.

haineya12 - 2014-07-12 5:21 PM

I am looking for a base van to convert into a camper (fiat ducato or peugeot boxer) however it must be left hand drive. any dealers would be helpful, also companies who do conversions. the reason I am looking in the Uk is the prices of second hand campers here in spain are rediculous.

thanks andrew, costa del sol, spain

As you want a van to convert, and not a finished camper, how about buying the van in Spain, where it will in any case be LHD? I understand trying to re-register even LHD vans sourced elsewhere in the EU is slow, bureaucratic, and expensive process. I'd suggest you research that before you decide to buy outside Spain.

Archived