Best towbar for Fiat Ducato PVC 2012

Suda

If it were me, I'd go for a Westfalia detachable.

A couple of things to consider:

1) Do you have reversing sensors set in the bumper?

2) Do you use the rear bumper as a step?

Item 1 affects the available choice.

Item 2 is relevant because most tow bars for your PVC will replace the crossbeam currently supporting the plastic bumper with one that is set lower. This will introduce a 'give' in the top surface of the bumper if it is stood upon.

G

Hi

I fitted the Westfalia detachable tow bar and used Westfalia's wiring kit for reversing sensors this wiring kit turns off sensors when trailer lights plugged in, both were easy to fit. If I was doing again I would not go for the detachable because I'm lazy and leave the ball on all the time!

Hope that helps.

Paul

We have just had a Witter tow bar fitted which does not interfere with the reversing sensors.

It replaces the crossbeam under the plastic bumper which fits well back on, and is more solid.

We bought a Uebler bike rack when we were in Germany that comes in a zip up carrying bag it is easily lifted off if need be and comes with locks.

With some models of PVC tow bar a gap of a few millimetres is introduced between the top of the new cross-member and the underside of the plastic bumper. This allows the top of the bumper to sag if it is used as a step.

However, this is irrelevant for the Rapido V56 and Autocruise Alto as the rear door is not used for access.

G

If the van is 2012, then it should have a 'type approved' towbar fitted, yes, they do cost more.

We had a Witter detachable fitted at our local Witter Dealer, it doesn't get in the way of our reversing sensors even with the towhook fitted. Ray

Archived