bailey 760 water filling

camocam1

bailey 760 water filling  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's painfully slow, and people have tried various modifications. But if you've got a water carrier, it fills significantly quicker using the Whale submersible pump which should have been supplied. Quite effective if you don't want to leave your pitch.

If we're in a hurry or using an aire where you pay for 5 minutes or 100 litres water, we fill into the top of the tank using a hose - not sure where the inspection cover for the tank is on the 760 though.

Personally i don't find it slow at all, we carry 2 collapsable water containers (wide necked to take submersible). If we need extra water its easier than moving the camper. Obviously use m/home service point when leaving site but on the odd occaision we find it does the job.

we have a Bailey 750 with the same filling system and have to say I am now converted (after 4 motorhomes with "normal" hole in the side) and think it's great. You do need to buy the Whale pump system EP1312 which fits most water containers. Then press a switch on the control panel and it fills the tank. It doesnt take much time. Alternatively use the supplied system to fill at a tap.

I used to carry round a large hosepipe (we don't move the van much when on site) (lol)

thanks for the replies, get the MH on Friday, not sure what comes with it as all the movable stuff was boxed and in storage so could not be stolen said the dealer. Will get a full handover when they deliver it to me but they are NOT bailey agents so just hope then know how everything works. I have a collapsible water container but not sure of the opening but if stuck at first can always fill through the filler cap which is in the centre of the rear lounge.

Are the manuals that come with the bailey fairly easy to understand ??? follow ??

I can't see the advantage of the system. With a conventional system one can fill with a hose or as we do just keep topping it up with a few MK 1 watering can fulls. We are thinking of,ordering a new Auto-Sleeper in October but if we do will be specifying a conventional system which they are now prepared to fit for factory new builds.

Hi Colin, the advantages of this system for us are no filling.

However, I can see how it probably wont suit a lot of van users who tour.

As we don't tour in the van, we tend to stay put on site, it's akin to a domestic water supply. No weight or drips.

And no we don't move the van, we make sure we have a water supply available.

Don't forget, we can if necessary still fill via a pipe directly into the tank although that's not ideal.

It also suits our future plans if on site employment.

Before anyone weighs in with, "you'd be better off with a caravan and a car", regarding our van use, dont bother.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2014-07-14 9:52 PM

Can't see what the issue can be.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2014-07-15 8:23 AM

However, I can see how it probably wont suit a lot of van users who tour.

Martyn

So you CAN see what the issue can be.. :-D

My understanding is that Bailey only provides a Whale "Aquasource" system for its motorhomes. As will be seen from the following link

http://www.whalepumps.com/rv/product.aspx?Category_ID=10009&Product_ID=11&FriendlyID=Aquasource-Mains

this is intended to allow a leisure-vehicle to be connected to a constant mains water-supply on a campsite 'super pitch', but (provided that the Aquasource 7.5m hose is sufficiently long to reach a water tap) there should be no need with this system to resort to filling the water-tank via its inspection-cap.

It would appear that (as mentioned by bertieburstner) Bailey does not provide as standard the equipment necessary to pump water into the motorhome via an external container. For that capability the Whale "Watermaster" EP1312 product (example here)

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/product_27854/whale_assy_plug-hose_pump_premium_12v_-_ep1312.aspx?aff=122

would be needed, plus a suitable container (eg. an "Aquaroll") for the water.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-07-16 8:07 AM

My understanding is that Bailey only provides a Whale "Aquasource" system for its motorhomes. As will be seen from the following link

http://www.whalepumps.com/rv/product.aspx?Category_ID=10009&Product_ID=11&FriendlyID=Aquasource-Mains

this is intended to allow a leisure-vehicle to be connected to a constant mains water-supply on a campsite 'super pitch', but (provided that the Aquasource 7.5m hose is sufficiently long to reach a water tap) there should be no need with this system to resort to filling the water-tank via its inspection-cap.

It would appear that (as mentioned by bertieburstner) Bailey does not provide as standard the equipment necessary to pump water into the motorhome via an external container. For that capability the Whale "Watermaster" EP1312 product (example here)

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/water/product_27854/whale_assy_plug-hose_pump_premium_12v_-_ep1312.aspx?aff=122

They may have changed the spec, but when we bought our 740 in March 2013 they definitely came with a submersible Whale pump.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-07-16 8:07 AM

They may have changed the spec, but when we bought our 740 in March 2013 they definitely came with a submersible Whale pump.

We had a similar (truma) system on our Autocruise, did'nt find it a problem, just fitted a Truma adapter on the end of a normal filling hose, and filled up at the Tap/service point as usual, i DID check all the internal connectors/jubilee clips were tight enough to take water at 'Mains Pressure' first though. and was able to pump water aboard using the supplied submersable pump. Good luck when your new van arrives. Ray

Ours also came complete with submersible, I also connect the main hose together with a X Hose if need the extra length. I found the whole system a doddle and easy to use, the only thing I have an issue with is how low the waste pipe is, fine if emptying over a drain but into a container is awkward.

getting MH Friday lunchtime and plan is to just load everything from old MH (currently in boxes) in the boxes then heading off to a small site about an hour away to try it out and shall we say play with it.

So will up date you when I get back if it has a submersible pump or not, and probably have lots of questions

Ron

• 1 month later...
We have that whale connector and the only way to see if it's full is when the overflow operates, so how do you stay connected to the mains when on a super pitch, also, where does all my fresh water go between fill up and arrival at site,I am usually down by 50% and that is unacceptable.

Aitchy63 - 2014-08-27 8:06 PM

We have that whale connector and the only way to see if it's full is when the overflow operates, so how do you stay connected to the mains when on a super pitch, also, where does all my fresh water go between fill up and arrival at site,I am usually down by 50% and that is unacceptable.

Sounds crazy, why put a caravan system in a Motorhome! OK a few people who stay on sites for days on end may like it , even so it's easier to move the van than lug water containers about and you have to store the containers.

Archived