New to motorhoming.

Happyhacker

Thought I might get an older MH for starters. Never had one before. Advice to give me a start appreciated. I am mechanically savvy, retired but prepared to do a bit of renovation and engine work. What should I be looking for? I think I would like a van with a shower but not too big as limited space for off road parking. Prefer not to have modern electronic management systems. Ideas welcome so I can narrow my online searching. Where to go for second hand?

Hi Rodger

It would be useful if you say how much you want to spend. Also what is maximum length you can

accomadate? 6.metres is a fairly popular size, Most vans have toilet/shower these days, except maybe the very small ones.

PJay

Probably a van conversion is your best bet to start with, the structural integrity hasn't been compromised so damp shouldn't be an issue.

It could be parked easily and used as a second car, just look at a lot and try them out.

eBay has plenty, but watch our for scams, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Guest pelmetman

90's Transit based Autosleeper van conversion with the rear shower compartment ticks all your boxes ;-)....................Quality conversion on a cheap & easy to maintain chassis B-)............

Archived