Half dinette, rear lounge

I created a thread a few days ago about a van with seat belts in the rear lounge. On reflection, based on my own concerns and those expressed by others i've ditched the idea of the above layout.

However I still want a rear lounge with rear seat belts so the compromise (there always is one) is a half dinette to cut down on length compared with a full dinette. I want a lounge which will be big enough for the option of singles or a large double. So far i've seen the Escape 644 (lounge too small), Autoquest 195 (too new for my budget), Tribute T720 (lounge too small again) and the Lunar Champ A630. From what i've read it appears the Lunar lounge IS big enough albeit i've not found precise details of the rear bed size.

So, firstly, is there anyone out there who can confirm the rear bed size in an A630 and can anyone suggest other models which may fit the bill ?

Many thanks to anyone who responds and, if I don't come back on your ideas it's because i'm in France as of Wednesday.

John B-)

Eyup johnsue the autotrail 700 and scout have a rear lounge but have full dinettes which you can make into a small double ,and a small double in the overcab,i think the scout has enough length in the seats to accomadate two singles in the lounge but the lounge in the 700will only make a double which will give you a six berth and seatbelts for six but am not sure what the payload is for these pp:)

Yes they have seatbelts in dinette i thought johnsue said he had ditched the idea of seatbelts in the lounge as they would be unsafe , Ive personally never seen a seat belt in a u shaped lounge, and he was therefore leaning towards the idea of a half dinetteb,i thought he would like the autotrail 700because its not too long although its a full dinette .pp:) but the dinette and lounge would be equivelent of two large single beds.

flicka - 2014-07-15 7:46 PM

Are you sure ANY of the above have seatbelts in the REAR Lounge. If I recall correctly, they only have seatbelts in the front dinette.

I think that's the conclusion he's reached, it's just the way he's worded his posting that could be taken to mean a "rear lounge with seat belts" LITERALLY, perhaps saying a rear lounge AND rear seat belts (ie in a half-dinette) would have been clearer? :-D

Archived