Customer satisfaction

Tin-Tent

When our van developed a leak from a roof light into the living area my thoughts were "How do I get this fixed ASAP?". I contacted Oaktree Motorhomes who we bought the van from to see if it would be covered by the RAC warrenty, it was. Oaktree explained proceedure about needing to get various quotes, submit them to RAC warrenty for their approval before repairs could take place. As we live not too far from Cannock in Staffordshire I contacted Cannock Motorhome Repairs about booking the van in to get a quote. Dave, from CMR, phoned back and said that as we didn't live that far away he would call in on his way home the following day and have a look. When he arrived the next day, confirmed they would be able to sort it, he also said they would contact RAC direct to save time and would be in touch in a few days. Dave duly called in a couple of days later, saying RAC had approved the quote, just need to sign some paperwork and get the van booked in. As they were quite busy it took about a week to book in, but the van was only with them a couple of days. I also asked them to look a scratch on the paintwork at the same time, as it is a metalic finish, as a seperate issue. When I collected the van they insisted I check it fully before being handed over, they didn't even charge me for the paint repair which they managed to polish out. They had taken care of all the paperwork and claim with the RAC. They even cleaned on the outside ready for us to go away in. I have no connection with them other than as a very happy customer. While I appreciate that my repair was probably small fry compared to some of the less fortunate coachbuilts displaying various battle scars they had waiting in their yard, if they treat all their customers in the same way I would happliy recommend them to anyone who is unfortunate to need their services. Cannock is easily accessible off the M6 and M6 Toll.

I had excellent service from a local caravan/motorhome repair shop recently too; it's obviously very handy to know they exist. They seem to work mostly on insurance claims and trade repair work but they will take on repairs directly for the public too. This one does habitation checks and servicing too.

This one is in Lancashire, at Walton Summit, close to the M65/M61 intersection, near Preston:

Motorhomes & Caravan Repairs Ltd

Unit 5 Kenyons Business Park, Gough Lane

Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire

PR5 6AR

01772 626908

The proprietor is called Andy

Archived