Hi everyone - About to Buy an Autocruise Starfire

KeithRR

Hi everyone, New to Motorhoming and have done some research through reading and other related sites and my other half and I are pretty much decided on the Starlight or Starfire. We need to keep length to 17-20' and need 2 berth only. Looking at used, low mileage, 2 years old, later 2.2HDI engine and my other half likes the swingwall shower thingy that Autocruise do on their 2005/6 models. Also as golfers we like the exterior storage locker. We are not keen on the overcab bed - have enough trouble undoing golf shoe laces after a round- so climbing up a ladder is a step too far !! Does anyone have a view on Autocruise - dont mind negative ones - you guys are far more knowledgable than we are, so all comments welcome. Regards, Keith and Viv

Hi Keith & Viv, We have had a 2000 Autocruise Vista until being replaced with a new 2004 Autocruise Valentine, which is the rear door version of the Starfire. We have been very satisfied with both vans, and cannot speak too highly of the build quality, and back-up service from Autocruise. If you do not want an overcab baed, look for the more usual low profile 2 berth model, which is also more fuel effecient due to the less wind resistance of the roofline. If you are able, visit the Autocruise Factory open weekend, at Rotherham, at the end of this month - it is open Saturday and Sunday to day visitors, and allows you to see the vehicles in various stages of production, and talk to the people who actually build the vehicles. Hope this helps, Ken

Thanks Ken, Like you we have been impressed with what we have seen so far (and have we seen many !!). We are seeing a couple tomorrow so may go for it before the Open Days - we are in SW London so Rotherham would be a trek. Appreciate your reply and will let you know how we get on. Keith

Good luck, Keith I cannot think of any problem areas with the van, but would suggest keeping away from the 2litre engine, which you may find a little short of power. Our van is a 2litre, but we have had it tuned to the equivqlent of the 2.2litre. which is more than adequate. Ken

Archived