reactivate dead locking on a panel van

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
One for Nick (euroserve) I guess. but does anyone know how to reactivate the disabled dead locking on Citroen X 250 vans. Dealer who serviced it recently (forgot to ask at the time :-S) said just to look if itcan be done done means putting it on the computer and charging moi half an hour @ £53 + vat. so would rather know whats involved first....

....I suspect this is more a matter of whether they are originally fitted or not.

In the UK market, they tend (as with other manufacturers) to be standard fit.

In the German market, (as indicated by Fiat literature) they are an option.

Much will thus depend on what has been specified for the German-supplied, RHD 'vans used for conversion (which are pretty non-standard anyway, given they're RHD but with the SLD on the 'wrong' side.

My German-supplied, rather non-standard Transit base has them fitted, and operative.

In passing, I saw my first Globecar(s) with the SLD closing assistance this week. Quite impressive, but it looked as though the door adjustment is critical, as some worked rather better than others.

Guest JudgeMental
As for electric closing its just another thing to go wrong IMO. Will probably leave the locking as is, as pointless throwing good money at it if its going to be a not possible..where is Nick when you need him..better not be on holidaz! *-) (:-D)

Not at all Eddie!

I have been looking into it and have my suspicions. I will have to wait until my man at Fiat is back off his holiday on Monday and ask him.

My gut says it's possible through the Fiat Examiner but not on the PSA equivalent. I will get back to you.

Holidays? What are they?

Archived