Cracked Shower Tray Successfully Repaired

Guest Had Enough

Guest Had Enough
Had Enough - 2014-07-20 8:02 PM

Oh dear back to the third person again *-).......................curious how my posts on your threads are dross yet your posts on mine are nothing short of a vented spleen (lol)....................but then again you've never Had Enough of a problem with hypocrisy ;-)................

But the difference between you and me is that I don't barge into threads that you're in with the sole intention of having a snide little dig at you. You pollute thread after thread with your childish obsession and your playground humour. It's like being stalked.

But on the subject of old vehicles just remind me, aren't you the one whom ADAC now refuses to cover because his old Transit van has broken down too many times? Yep, must be great fun getting stranded miles from home every month and having to write off a day or two!

The only time I've ever had to call out the breakdown services is when I had a puncture once!

Still, you can't beat these bangers eh? If you don't mind worrying whether you'll get to your destination every time you set off of course! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Anyway, I now have the choice of chatting to you or going to watch some paint dry. Yep, the paint will be more stimulating so cheerio for now. B-)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-20 8:04 PM

Had Enough - 2014-07-20 8:02 PM

Oh dear back to the third person again *-).......................curious how my posts on your threads are dross yet your posts on mine are nothing short of a vented spleen (lol)....................but then again you've never Had Enough of a problem with hypocrisy ;-)................

But the difference between you and me is that I don't barge into threads that you're in with the sole intention of having a snide little dig at you. You pollute thread after thread with your childish obsession and your playground humour. It's like being stalked.

But on the subject of old vehicles just remind me, aren't you the one whom ADAC now refuses to cover because his old Transit van has broken down too many times? Yep, must be great fun getting stranded miles from home every month and having to write off a day or two!

The only time I've ever had to call out the breakdown services is when I had a puncture once!

Still, you can't beat these bangers eh? If you don't mind worrying whether you'll get to your destination every time you set off of course! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Anyway, I now have the choice of chatting to you or going to watch some paint dry. Yep, the paint will be more stimulating so cheerio for now. B-)

Correction Frank ;-)............It was my 1999 delivery tranny that broke down twice........not my 1990 camper that has just got back from Scotland, having already got back from Spain, and no doubt will get me back from France in September..............but should Horace breakdown then I'm confident it won't cost me a grand just to diagnose the problem, as appears to have happened to another forum member with this new fangled machinery of yours 8-) ............

Nevertheless, thank you for giving me a piece of your mind Frank *-)......................although I'm not sure you can spare it ;-).............

Guest Peter James

Just looked in again to sift through all the nonsense and see if we are ever going to get to know HOW this shower tray was successfully repaired as in the thread title - because that would be something really worth knowing.

Had Enough - 2014-07-18 7:10 PM

They then repair the tray

It that it?

No more information than that?

I'm not looking for an argument, but that alone tells us nothing does it?

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2014-07-20 8:20 PM

my 1990 camper that has just got back from Scotland, having already got back from Spain, and no doubt will get me back from France in September...

Well yes, but you have had it from new and looked after it. I had one for 20 years (its 25 years old now and the new owner is still very happy with it as I was, and I only changed it because I wanted a bigger van that I could get spares for in Spain if necessary.)

It may be a different matter when you buy a second hand van from the sort of person who paints over cracks in the shower tray :-S

Had Enough - 2014-07-20 7:36 PM

Thanks again. In the dross from the usual suspects who can't resist plugging their particular hobby horses (no pun intended) your posts a re a breath of fresh air. Why do they feel the need for constant justification of whatever fixation that they happen to have? One for the psychiatrists perhaps?

....in the main, (though not always) I choose to ignore them.

If the other forum users can't already spot the obvious a**seholes, I'm not sure that me pointing them out is going to make one iota of difference.

;-)

Robinhood - 2014-07-20 10:40 PM
Had Enough - 2014-07-20 7:36 PMThanks again. In the dross from the usual suspects who can't resist plugging their particular hobby horses (no pun intended) your posts a re a breath of fresh air. Why do they feel the need for constant justification of whatever fixation that they happen to have? One for the psychiatrists perhaps?
....in the main, (though not always) I choose to ignore them.If the other forum users can't already spot the obvious a**seholes, I'm not sure that me pointing them out is going to make one iota of difference.;-)

I too get weary of a few people constantly looking for a spat. An interesting post and worth noting the details in case of shower tray problems in future.

Anyway to the point of the post, I repaired my split fridge knob by infilling around the 'female' socket with Plastic Padding (or something similar) to beef up the knob. The repair was carried out a few years ago and has stood the test of time so far.

It's probably a good idea to do this whether the fitting is split or not as it will prevent future problems. Photograph attached.

2068488335_Repairedknob.jpg.e3db419a28467be8b97656f205b19f64.jpg

Trying to sift through the total idiots on here who are ruining this forum,

About two years ago,maybe less, On this forum I asked for advice about my shower tray in my Adria which had a movement up and down when we stepped on it,I proposed drilling holes and filling with silicone or expanding foam,

After much sensible comments from many of you we left it,we use the van a LOT and I am 19 stone weight and so far it is still ok,maybe it's meant to flex a bit,time will tell.

Ps.off the road now with busted ankle,dammit! But we will be off to Spain for the winter if I have to crawl !!

Dave

Guest pelmetman
Robinhood - 2014-07-20 10:40 PM

Had Enough - 2014-07-20 7:36 PM

Thanks again. In the dross from the usual suspects who can't resist plugging their particular hobby horses (no pun intended) your posts a re a breath of fresh air. Why do they feel the need for constant justification of whatever fixation that they happen to have? One for the psychiatrists perhaps?

....in the main, (though not always) I choose to ignore them.

If the other forum users can't already spot the obvious a**seholes, I'm not sure that me pointing them out is going to make one iota of difference.

;-)

Us a**seholes do wonders for the viewing figures Robin ;-).................this thread is now a hot topic :D................

With a bit of luck I'll get banned..................then I can return as a "holier than thou hypocrite" just like Frank >:-)............

Simpsons in Great Yarmouth are agents for Speedcoat and we had our cracked shower tray repaired by their staff who are Speedcoat trained, so they said, over a year ago and very good it is too.

They too reinforced under the tray with foam to give it more support prior to recoating and in my view it is infinitely preferable to ripping out the tray and rebuilding the compartment around an equally wafer thin replacement tray.

http://www.speedcoateuro.com/speecoatInfo.html

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-07-21 6:45 PM

Us a**seholes do wonders for the viewing figures Robin ;-).................this thread is now a hot topic :D................

With a bit of luck I'll get banned..................then I can return as a "holier than thou hypocrite" just like Frank >:-)............

Your obsession with me continues. Flattering really!

Still there's no denying the contribution that you make and the effect that your postings have on this forum's popularity.

Look at Chatterbox for instance, which you dominate. Because of you it's vibrant and throbbing now. It actually had one post at 6.18 am today, which is better than some previous days.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2014-07-21 7:02 PM

Simpsons in Great Yarmouth are agents for Speedcoat and we had our cracked shower tray repaired by their staff who are Speedcoat trained, so they said, over a year ago and very good it is too.

They too reinforced under the tray with foam to give it more support prior to recoating and in my view it is infinitely preferable to ripping out the tray and rebuilding the compartment around an equally wafer thin replacement tray.

http://www.speedcoateuro.com/speecoatInfo.html

Yes, it was Speedcoat that I referred to in my original post. Unfortunately their nearest agent is in Sheffield, which is a long way for me. They have no one in north-west England I'm afraid or I'd have gone for them. I spoke with them on the phone and was impressed.

It's good to hear that yours is fine after a year as I know that you use your 'van a lot.

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2014-07-21 7:07 PM

We had a crack in our shower tray .... Bought a new tray and some decent mastic ... Cleaned the original tray and bedded the new one to the top of the original ... Bingo new tray and double thickness means a stronger tray and no problem since

That would have been my first choice but replacing my tray involves major work such as removing the toilet, which would have been a nightmare. This coupled with the cost of the new large tray (about £300) made me go for the repair system I chose.

The labour costs would have been high as well and I'm of the opinion that it's better to leave things in situ, as removing the toilet with it electrical and plumbing connections etc. just means more chance of problems developing.

Guest pelmetman

We had a crack in our shower tray .... Bought a new tray and some decent mastic ... Cleaned the original tray and bedded the new one to the top of the original ... Bingo new tray and double thickness means a stronger tray and no problem since

I'm starting to feel left out :-(..................am I the only one who's never needed their shower tray repaired? 8-)...............

pelmetman - 2014-07-21 7:32 PM

I'm starting to feel left out :-(..................am I the only one who's never needed their shower tray repaired? 8-)...............

You've got to use em to break em smelly

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-07-21 7:05 PM

Still there's no denying the contribution that you make and the effect that your postings have on this forum's popularity.

Look at Chatterbox for instance, which you dominate. Because of you it's vibrant and throbbing now. It actually had one post at 6.18 am today, which is better than some previous days.

Keep up the good work!

That's not my thread Frank...................mines the one below about experts.............. another hot topic...................................I'm surprised you haven't contributed being such an expert ;-).....

So Hadenough would you generally give a thumbs up for hobby?i personally think they are good vans and fancy the 600 (older model of course ) :we were going to have a towbar fitted on our apache and towtal were the firm that seemed to get the best reviews ;glad you got the bathroom floor sorted :pp:)

Archived