Euro Carry Bike Back Parts

Guest Had Enough

Guest Had Enough

I've just had the factory-fitted bike rack removed from my Hobby motorhome. I've moved to a towbar mounted bike rack as I've just bought two ebikes and wanted something lower and stronger.

I am now left with four ugly exposed mountings, which are bolted through the back of course and I want to keep them on as I'll reattach the bike rack when I sell the 'van.

I was told that some bike rack makers sell blanks to cover the mountings but I'm having trouble locating a firm called Euro Carry, which is the name on my bike rack. I'm assuming that they are German and don't sell in the U.K.

I think that they're still in business as Hobby mention them in their accessories list for the latest models.

Needless to say I'll be contacting Hobby on Monday but as it's not exactly a Hobby spare part I'm not confident. Has anyone ever found blanks for bike rack mountings? Do they exist?

Even better, does anyone know anything about Euro Carry and how I can contact them? I've not had any luck on the web.

Picture of the mount below.

1021742170_BikeRackFixingSmall.jpg.3dc3b31f9e88d5827f298b9e6edce8da.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
Thule do little plastic covers for their various racks..but their fitting pig ugly...personally dont think yours look that bad to be honest. You will get used to them after a while and learn to ignore......don't fret ;-)

Guest Had Enough
Robinhood - 2014-07-18 7:46 PM

...this will give you a contact, and details of any available parts - never managed to find the Hobby specific stuff, though.

http://www.eurocarry.de/index.php?

Thanks. I've emailed Hobby to ask if they can get the bits via Germany but if I get nowhere I'll write to Alu-Line/Euro Carry

After I'd posted I looked again at the label and spotted the Alu-Line name in small print!

Guest Had Enough
JudgeMental - 2014-07-18 8:03 PM

Thule do little plastic covers for their various racks..but their fitting pig ugly...personally dont think yours look that bad to be honest. You will get used to them after a while and learn to ignore......don't fret ;-)

Don't fret? Are you mad? Don't you realise that now that the bike rack's been removed someone can unscrew the fixing bolt and stick a tube through the hole and pump in their exhaust gasses whilst I sleep!

Have you learned nothing from previous threads! I could wake up dead!

Had Enough - 2014-07-18 8:11 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-07-18 8:03 PM

Don't fret? Are you mad? Don't you realise that now that the bike rack's been removed someone can unscrew the fixing bolt and stick a tube through the hole and pump in their exhaust gasses whilst I sleep!

Have you learned nothing from previous threads! I could wake up dead!

Nah! Thieves won't bother with all that 'cos they'll realise the only things worth nicking are the ebikes.

Unless they're Chinese of course. :D

(the bikes that is, not the thieves)

Archived