IS IT ME?

John H

Please read the below carefully as I do not want it to be construed wrongly, I am trying to be unbiased with it and hopefully it will be taken that way: To be serious - isn't it about time that this thread died a death now? Many people have had their say and it is getting to the point where insults are being levied and upset is intentionally being caused by some, or it is being taken by others even if it is not intended. I'm not singling anyone out, or supporting anyone with this particular post, it's just that the thread seems to have run it's course and its continuing is just causing spats between motorhomers. If I was the moderator I would be tempted to cap this post now, leave it for people to read but stop the postings to it to avoid more of the bad feeling that is creeping in. If you agree, then just don't post anymore after this. Mel B

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]Mel B - 2006-09-21 5:21 PM If you agree, then just don't post anymore after this. [/QUOTE] B-) I'm sorry but I have to disagree. People need to vent their feelings and get it off their chest. This thread could run longer than any Gassing thread. Longer than how to charge a battery a million different ways. Longer than whether or not to join CC, CC&CCCCC etc. Don't spoil a good thing by ending it too soon. (lol) (lol) (lol)

People feel a need to vent their spleens from time to time. That's the nature of things. I'm keeping an eye on proceedings - don't worry, the only things that'll be censored are personal attacks - but as far as I'm concerned, forums are there for people to go on and talk about whatever they feel like talking about. Thusly, this thread will not be 'capped', nor deleted. Not on my watch. Obviously, I can see how people would find it frustrating that their queries go unanswered or get hijacked by people talking 'nonsense' (not my phrase). Obviously, we'd all prefer it if deliberately 'nonsense' threads were confined to the '[url=http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=9]Chatterbox[/url]' forum - after all, that's what it was built for. Obviously, not everyone has the same sense of humour. But I'm not about to strong-arm people into doing things 'my way'. This forum is public. It is the public who fill it will their collective knowledge, wisdom and sense of fun. Who am I to tell them how to behave? I'd like to hope that everyone is mature enough not to post for the simple reason of 'filling up little stars under their names' (again, not my phrase). There's no material reward for doing so. Perhaps people just like to talk? There's always going to be people who don't like whatever atmosphere surrounds any given forum (not just this one) - if it's too technical people will say that it's boring, if it's too off-topic people will say that it's silly and they'll refuse to come here. Either way, it's the users who lose out. When all is said and done, this forum is intended to reflect the motorhoming lifestyle; there's always going to be outspoken characters, as well as those who prefer to keep themselves to themselves. As long as each group treats the others with respect, and realises that it's not all about them and them alone, we should get along just fine. :-D

Archived