EMC lights

PJay

Where motorhomes are concerned, "EMC" usually refers to ElectroMagnetic Compatibility.

It would be helpful if you said which motorhome the wiring diagram relates to, but I notice that "EMC lights" have been mentioned on the forum before. See Robinhood's posting of 26 January 2012 9:37 AM in this earlier thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Electrical-rear-lights-problem-the-sequel-/26338/

....not at all stupid. ;-)

If you search the forum for "EMC lights" you will see that we have been here before (with some confusion).

I'm pretty sure that some of the wiring diagrams are erroneous, and in this area, so I wouldn't rely on them.

My interpretation, however, from looking at several (rather different) Swift wiring diagrams is that there may have been an intention to provide a circuit for lights which were specifically EMC compatible (ElectroMagnetic Compatible) which bypassed the switching arrangement of the EMC relay (which nullifies all the habitation 12v circuits when the engine is running to ensure there are no EMC problems with the base vehicle electric/electronics).

The diagram we were working from when we were doing major investigation work for one of the posts you might find strongly implies this, but has (IMO) an extra link drawn which shows an illogical double 12Vv feed. If you disregard this as an error, there is a definite feed that is unswitched by the EMC-relay to the items denoted as "EMC Lights".

I don't think anyone has found such lights (and maybe not even the fuse that purports to protect them) but it may be that there is an unused circuit somewhere in the back of the 'van, designed to take lighting that works "on the move" (as long as it is EMC certified).

Thank you Robin

OH agrees with you. He has traced miles of wires , with out success . There is load of cable coiled up under the wardrobe, enough to reach the end of a very large motor home. He thinks that maybe they have a standard loop for all?? Could not find the fuse . Any way all sorted now.

He was trying to get a better arial for the radio fitted, but that did not work out, so not going to bother , we have Cd's so will have to do.

Sorry Derek

I was talking about a Swift diagram, which we had expanded to a larger size

PJay

Archived