Bridlington parking

antony1969

I got a bus recently at the South Shore park n ride, I noticed the height barriers and asked an attendant there how do Motorhomes park here and he told me that they will open the barriers to allow Motorhomes in , so I see no problem there, we were staying at a CCC THS rally a short walk from the P n R.

Bulletguy - 2015-09-25 1:00 AM

Reading the last few posts here i couldn't help but smile to and the myself at just how badly we are "programmed" into being determined to pay to park. British have a slavish subservient desire for authority to relieve us of money!

I agree, I moved out to West Wales 14 years ago because I loved the 'Free and easy' nature of the place, shopkeepers with time to chat, Lots of friendly local pubs, and parking...well no-one even thought about it. How things have changed since 'AUSTERITY' came to call, Local Council slapped up 'pay and display' meters everywhere (and I mean Everywhere). which scared off the shoppers,SO all or most of the shops have closed, Breweries have screwed their publican tenants into the ground, so that it is no longer economic to run a pub. SO, most of the pubs have closed. Even some 'Iconic' ones that I thought would NEVER close.

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/13216571.Empty_pub_is_an__quot_insult_quot__to_Fishguard/?ref=rss

Personally, I blame the Tories, and the 'Westminster Bubble' of ever increasing house prices and a widening wealth gap. House prices here are actually still falling.

Still the Council are making a tidy sum from parking charges and fines. (rant over !) Ray

ps. I am an 'Ex Londoner' and still wouldn't go back if you paid me to.

Guest pelmetman
Rayjsj - 2015-09-25 12:08 PM

Ditto B-) ............

I wonder if London is the only capital city where the natives are a ethnic minority? :-S .............

Maybe a bit off topic, so apologies.
We have always preferred Whitby - especially off season - and now more so with their new park and ride north of the town. Also have a specific part allocated to Motorhomes. Not sure whether this will be open once it gets to around Christmas time.
Also we found the P&R at Southport - Kew Park - at Foul Lane, very easy to use. I asked the attendant, if i should purchase 2 tickets as i was overhanging an extra parking bay. He said, no worries, he was on sight all day and would ensure no tickets would be issued. 
So happy days here, stayed a little longer.

what amazes me is how people always check the price of a ticket an put their money in without looking to see the charging period, for example in Lytham St Anns last week people were paying to park and the notice board clearly said parking 8am to 6pm this was 7pm and the minimum charge was £1.20.

same in Perranporth all year the small car park at the back used to finish charging at 6pm.

I pointed it out to many sometimes after they had paid (couldn't attract their attention in time) thinking that if they come back the next day etc some were pleased that I did, others shot the messenger lol

Pete

Rayjsj - 2015-09-25 12:08 PM

Bulletguy - 2015-09-25 1:00 AM

Reading the last few posts here i couldn't help but smile to and the myself at just how badly we are "programmed" into being determined to pay to park. British have a slavish subservient desire for authority to relieve us of money!

I agree, I moved out to West Wales 14 years ago because I loved the 'Free and easy' nature of the place, shopkeepers with time to chat, Lots of friendly local pubs, and parking...well no-one even thought about it. How things have changed since 'AUSTERITY' came to call, Local Council slapped up 'pay and display' meters everywhere (and I mean Everywhere). which scared off the shoppers,SO all or most of the shops have closed, Breweries have screwed their publican tenants into the ground, so that it is no longer economic to run a pub. SO, most of the pubs have closed. Even some 'Iconic' ones that I thought would NEVER close.

http://www.westerntelegraph.co.uk/news/13216571.Empty_pub_is_an__quot_insult_quot__to_Fishguard/?ref=rss

Personally, I blame the Tories, and the 'Westminster Bubble' of ever increasing house prices and a widening wealth gap. House prices here are actually still falling.

Still the Council are making a tidy sum from parking charges and fines. (rant over !) Ray

Sad story though reflective of much of UK now i'm afraid. My local town has gone the same way. Chased the motorist shopper away with punitive parking charges, banged up the rents of all the shops and about the only ones left operating are coffee bars, Poundstretcher, and charity shops.

I remember my first time in Austria. I was staying at a site south of Salzburg and the nearest town was Werfen....best known for the castle used in Where Eagles Dare. I'd gone into the town to look around, found a parking spot but couldn't figure out how to use the meter. Suddenly a woman came dashing across shouting in very broken English, "i see you arrive....you must not pay.....here is free for one hour.....then you can pay".

I was shocked!! I'd been so long in UK i'd become one of the 'programmed robots' completely out of touch with countries practising common sense!! Needless to say i spent a small fortune in that town even though i'd initially only gone for a walk around!

• 7 months later...

Archived