Vehicle Recalls

Guest 3dogsdave

Guest 3dogsdave
Hi all , new to this forum. We are going to change our M H to a Autosleeper Palermo which is 4 years old. On the recall site I see that the Mh has had 2 recalls. Is there any way I can check if these have been actioned? such as a web site, or should I contact Autosleeper.? David& Daphne

[QUOTE]3dogsdave - 2006-09-15 9:03 PM Hi all , new to this forum. We are going to change our M H to a Autosleeper Palermo which is 4 years old. On the recall site I see that the Mh has had 2 recalls. Is there any way I can check if these have been actioned? such as a web site, or should I contact Autosleeper.? David& Daphne[/QUOTE] Hi D & D, I doubt if A/S would know about Fiat recalls, I assume that's what you are talking about. You could check with the previous owner to see if they can help or when you have the vehicle take it to a Fiat agent to see if the recalls have been actioned. Regards Don check

[QUOTE]michele - 2006-09-15 10:21 PM Don, When you say take it to a fiat dealer I asume that they would have a log on the computers all linked yes? Thus being able to tell the chap if it has been done ? David & Daphne, Are you buying this from the guy privately or a dealership secondhand?[/QUOTE] Michele, The Fiat dealer should be able to check against the chassis number on the Fiat data base that the check has been done. Failing that they would have to do a physical check on the vehicle. You can check the Fiat Ducato recalls at http://tinyurl.com/cyl3w Don

Don, thanks for the link . have just tried it. It said choose a model but did not come up with mine . Am I to take it that my model has not been recalled for anything if it is not on there.. Hope this is still in keeping with the thread . Don't want to add more trivia :-|

Hi, If its a Fiat Ducato - it is on the VOSA recall list - check again. There are a few recalls for safety issues and others so best to check with a dealer what has been done or not. For those with new vehicles built earlier this year I think there is a recent recall do do with U bolts on rear springs not being to the correct torque and bolts could break. It affects vehicles built earlier this year for a short period and the VOSA site gives the chassis Numbers affected. Jon

[QUOTE]michele - 2006-09-16 12:25 AM Thanks jon, The husband has just explained it's not us we have not got a fiat axel . We have the alko chassis . cheer's[/QUOTE] Michele, There are three Fiat Ducato recalls that could effect your vehicle (according to your build date) even though you have an Alko chassis. Their numbers are R/2003/027 R2004//079/181. Don

Guest 3dogsdave
Hi Don, The Auto Sleeper Palermo is on a Peugeot and the 2 recalls are to the convertion part (hope this makes sense). I will check with Oak Tree Motor homes when we pick it up mid oct. thanks D&D

[QUOTE]3dogsdave - 2006-09-16 12:46 PM Hi Don, The Auto Sleeper Palermo is on a Peugeot and the 2 recalls are to the convertion part (hope this makes sense). I will check with Oak Tree Motor homes when we pick it up mid oct. thanks D&D[/QUOTE] Hi D&D, Yes it all makes sense now :-D I think these might be the two recalls you are referring to. "Recall reference R/2005/060:- Reference: R/2005/060 Make: AUTO-SLEEPERS LTD Models: MIDAS, NUEVO & ES, SYMBOL AND ES, LANCASHIRE & ES, INCA EK, INCA EL, SUSSEX, DORSET AND PALERMO Launch date: 10/05/2005 Numbers involved: 536 Build start date: For Auto-Sleeper "build-numbers" involved - see Table 1 below Concern REAR FIXING BOLTS FOR SWIVEL SEAT MAY FAIL Description : The rear fixing bolts for the FASP swivel seat can, in extreme circumstances, fail. If the bolts do fail the rear of the seat runners will no longer be attached to the floor pan. This concern was realised during industry wide testing. Remedial action: Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and replace the 20mm 10.9 tensile strength allen key head bolts with 20mm 12.9 tensile strength Unbroken bolts. Recall reference R/2005/080:- Reference : R/2005/080 Make : AUTO-SLEEPERS LTD Model : INCA EK, INCA EL, POLLENSA, RAVENNA, PALERMO, VIVANTI AND RIENZI Launch Date : 3/17/2005 Numbers Involved : 63 Build Start Date: For Auto-Sleeper "build-numbers" involved - see Table 2 below Concern : MAINS WIRING SYSTEM INSULATION PROBLEM Description : Within the mains input socket the wiring insulation may have been cut back too far leaving bare wire exposed. Remedial Action : Recalled vehicles will have the mains input socket box removed during which time the wiring connections will be remade ensuring that no bare wire is visible". Full details of the build numbers of the vehicles involved can be found at http://www.asoc.fsnet.co.uk/ click on Technical and then Recalls. After reading the details it would be almost impossible to tell by a visual check if the faults had been rectified. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Regards Don

Archived