C1-E License

Wasnt Me

Hi does anybody know what is involved with gaining a license to drive a MH over 3500kg.

I have the required license but my better half does not, as she passed her test much later than me.

I did contact a HGV driving school but they quoted a huge amount of money, to learn to drive a 7.5 Tonne lorry. I understand that the next stage up on the license, but its is not really required.

Can she drive on L-Plates, with myself as passenger?

I did think about getting the MH down plated from 3850kg to 3500kg, but having been on a weighbridge today this will not leave enough payload.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Wasn't Me - 2014-07-24 11:46 AM

...Can she drive on L-Plates, with myself as passenger?...

It depends but (based on the advice here)

http://www.drivex.co.uk/driving-licence-info/

I’m guessing probably not.

"Supervising drivers accompanying provisional C1 licence holders must themselves have passed a C1, C1E, C or CE practical test and have held their full C1, C1E, C or CE licence for at least 3 years. A driver who holds category C1 or C1E only by virtue of ‘acquired rights’ can no longer act as a supervising driver."

And completely off topic, the newspapers recently informed us that men become invisible as possible sexual partners after 39. I refute this as I have often have young ladies come over and engage me in unsolicited conversation. The two Labrador puppies with me have no bearing on this, I think.

Archived