Spanish Road Atlas

meninspex

Anybody found a road atlas of Spain (and possibly Portugal), which offers a better scale than the Michelin atlas? We've used the Michelin atlas of Spain & Portugal up to this year but at 1/400,000 it doesn't compare to the one of France at 1/200,000 although the general quality is just as good. Any answers that don't include satnav will be welcome.

Haven't been there for a while but we used an AA road atlas, which at 1 cm to 3 km ( 4.7 miles to 1 inch ) was nice and clear.

Ours was 4 th edition ( Jan 2006 ) - possibly reprinted by now in a more up to date version.

It also contained 59 city and town plans plus 37 motorway route maps.

;-)

....Stanfords is the place I tend to look for such items - they aren't cheap, but they do give you an idea of what is available.

Though I have no personal experience of it, the official Spanish Road Atlas (from the Ministry of Development), falls halfway between the two scales at 1:300,000, but is certainly not cheap from Stanfords.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Home/Product-Detail/Spain-Road-Atlas-2014-Set-Atlas---Map---CD_9788449809514.htm

Perhaps you could buy locally in Spain, or if you wanted it in advance, find a bookshop that would ship it to the UK. The following is simply an example, (found by searching on ISBN number), which may be somewhat cheaper delivered.

Mine is Spain & Portugal Michelin (probably the same as your) I replace every 2 years, mostly because I buy the ring binder ones, and it usually finishes up like confetti ! I also get a large full scale map , so that you get a better picture overall

WH Smith or Waterstones is where I buy mine , simply because they are in our local shops.

I always carry a magnify glass , for looking closer if need too

Not sure if there is a larger scale map available. I would also be interested in one.

I find the ACSI map useful for basic area guide.

PJay

Before we traveled out to Spain last year for the first time we got ourselves a Marco Polo 1:300 000 Spain & Portugal map book and found it very easy to use and very clear. We bought it at our local Waterstones store.

Archived